1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nike's new soccer commercials

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by bb_baptist, Aug 27, 2005.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

The new Nike US Soccer commercial shows people playing soccer all across the country while a Jim Rome-ish guy on the radio slams the sport.

Nike is portraying soccer as fun, exciting, and American.

It's like the coolest kid in school (Nike) just stood up for the new kid (soccer) who was getting teased all the time, and now the new kid (soccer) is officially cool, or at least, no longer open game for bullying.

http://www.nike.com/nikesoccer/justdoit/spot/video.html

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Nike has made soccer stuff for a while now- I don't know why they are now doing these commercials.

Soccer is my favorite team sport- I would love to see it become more popular here in the US. The MLS can be fun to watch (despite what the Eurpoeans want to say) and the US national team has earned some respect. Recently they were ranked higher than England in the Coca-Cola Fifa World Rankings.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

We should not import Nike goods,they chose to cut and run let em sell to the third world since all they want to pay is third world wages.