1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No limited-atonement here:

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by AndThisGospel, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

John 12:32 when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL men to myself.

John 12:47 “As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the WORLD, but to SAVE IT.

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save THE WORLD through him.

Romans 5:18 Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for ALL men.

Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us ALL—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

Romans 11:32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them ALL.

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD.

1 Timothy 2:3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants ALL men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for ALL men

1 Timothy 4:9 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance 10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of ALL men

Colossians 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself ALL things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ ALL will be made alive.

2 Corinthians 5:18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling THE WORLD to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them.

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm biting my tongue to avoid descending into sarcasm here, but Calvinists are aware that these verses are in the Bible.

The problem is that God actually isn't reconciled to 'ALL' people and He isn't going to save 'ALL' people, is He (eg. John 3:18)? Unless you want to become a universalist, you yourself have to qualify these 'ALL's with 'who believe' or some other phrase.

The fact is that 'all' in these verses does not mean 'everyone without exception' but 'all kinds of people'- rich and poor, Jew and Gentile, male and female, slave and free (cf. Galatians 3:26-29). In fact, 'ALL' means all the people that we're going to find in the Great Crowd of Revelation 7.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The truth is that God Himself through the bible qualifies those to be His covenant people, his faithful remnant, those whom Jesus died for and is High priest over etc! To take all as universally all sinners, would have to be either Universalist, or else have a weak God desiring to save all, but we due to free will. limited Him to some,,,

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you are a Universalist and don't limit the atonement at all? Everyone will eventually be saved, even the Devil and all his demons?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Within the first week that I came here that question was answered. Perhaps you should read my early posts?

6. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

You are confusing God's work in Christ (the atonement - i.e., the gospel) with those who have received the gospel (i.e, His remnant).

That was very crafty the way you designed your sentence.

God desires that all men receive the atonement, but many (or "some") will reject what God has already accomplished "in Christ".

Every sinner in this world has been given "a measure of faith" so the he/she can make the free-will decision to receive or reject the gospel. Who are you kidding?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does it state that God gave saving faith to all sinners, and are you saying that God intended Jesus death to save all sinners, but was limited to effect that due to sinner free will?

8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So are all going to be saved? If not why not?

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I still cannot see how some support that God reconciled all sinners back by death of Jesus, and yet many still lost again?

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That kind of error has the same root problem.

They do not understand what "to be reconciled" means.....they think it is potential if the sinner adds to something to it, belief, faith, trust.....but it is actual, not potential.

The same is true of most of the words,

justification, propitiation, redemption....even eternal salvation.....is it ACTUAL, or only potential.

11. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sound judgment, according to the measure of faith God has distributed to every man.

12. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

No, the atonement isn't provisional....God actually reconciled the fallen human race in Christ Jesus. Therefore, when one accepts this truth by faith, he is receiving something that has already taken place. Therefore "faith" isn't the Savior.

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are correct when you say......[the atonement is not provisional]......but the scripture speaks of the gospel going worldwide because ;

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

notice...it does not say.
    ...the reconciliation of God is revealed unto all men

the love of God is revealed to all men

the peace of God is revealed to all men...

It says the wrath of God is revealed, men are perishing, not reconciled

14. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

The gospel is God's way of letting the sinner know of his/her atonement "in Christ".

Context: 18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness....

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every Man in the context here would be every saved person!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    refers to ONLY the saved/elected unto salvation! Those are the ones atoned for now!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus provided actual salvation for some, not potential for all!

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All natural men are truth suppressors...Only those born of God can welcome the truth and all the benefits that are given to the sheep, not the goats

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Spiritual gifts are given and empowered by the Spirit of God.
    Natural carnal men do not have the Spirit.rom8:9
    natural men without the Spirit have no measure of faith...

20. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

No Sir, all men are given a measure of faith...Christ has saved all men from the curse of the law by His doing & dying. Those reject the gospel will be lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.