1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Nobody cares

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Robert William, Apr 5, 2015.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Was Adam and Eve given a free will to choose between life and death?

2. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Of course not. You hold all of the Calvinist distinctives, but you are not a Calvinist. Makes sense to me.

3. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes,

RE: Fall of man

SCRIPTURE PROOF
    1 Corinthians 2:14: The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually judged.
    Genesis 2:17: But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
    Romans 5:12: Therefore, as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin; and so death passed unto all men, for that all sinned.
    2 Corinthians 1:9: Yea, we ourselves had the sentence of death within ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raiseth the dead.
    Ephesians 2:1-3: And you did He make alive, when ye were dead through your trespasses and sins, wherein ye once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the powers of the air, of the spirit that now worketh in the sons of disobedience; among whom ye also all once lived in the lusts of your flesh, doing the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
    Ephesians 2:12: Ye were at that time separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
    Jeremiah 13:23: Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard his spots? Then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.
    Psalm 51:5: Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity; And in sin did my mother conceive me.
    John 3:3: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one is born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
    Romans 3:10-12: As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one; There is none that understandeth, There is none that seeketh after God; They have all turned aside, they are together become unprofitable; There is none that doeth good. no, not so much as one.
    Job 14:4: Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.
    1 Corinthians 1:18: For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.
    Acts 13:41: Behold, ye despisers, and wonder and perish; For I work a work in your days, A work which ye shall in no wise believe, if one declare it unto you.
    Proverbs 30:12: There is a generation that are pure in their own eye, And yet are not washed from their filthiness.
    John 5:21: For as the Father raiseth the dead and giveth them life, even so the Son also giveth life to whom He will.
    John 6:53: Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink His blood, ye have not life in yourselves.
    John 8:19: They said therefore unto Him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye know neither me, nor my Father; if ye knew me, ye would know my Father also.
    Matthew 11:25: I thank thee, O Father Lord of heaven and earth, that thou didst hide these things from the wise and understanding, and didst reveal them unto babes.
    2 Corinthians 5:17: If any man is in Christ, he is a new creature.
    John 14:16: (And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may be with you forever,) even the Spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive; for it beholdeth Him not, neither knoweth Him; ye know Him; for He abideth with you, and shall be in you.
    John 3:19: And this is the judgment, that light is come unto the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil.
    Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
    Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
    Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then it is not a myth......

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam and Eve had free will before the Fall. No Calvinist disagrees with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then free will is not a myth....

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are confused. Calvinists and non-Cals know that Adam and Eve had free-will before the Fall. After the fall nobody has had free will as the Scriptures amply demonstrate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If the scriptures so "amply demonstrate" this, there would be no debate.

So why do you think God opted to give Adam and Eve a free will to choose their own spiritual fate and physical fate, knowing full well in doing so sin, death and destruction would plague His Creation? He could have not given them a choice and avoid all of this evil which has flourished over the centuries.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's called the mystery of iniquity. But unlike you and some others here, we don't pin sin on God. God is good, and does no wrong. We can depend on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who determined that all humanity after the Fall not have free will? That every person would be born sinners?

11. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
    Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
    Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
    Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
    Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
    Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
    Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
    Eph 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

• Like Like x 1
  12. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please stop babbling and just stick with scripture.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not sure how you see sin pinned on God from those who understand freewill choice. I think it would be those who do not understand freewill choice who would look more as pinning sin on God.

14. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your talking prefall, please read again. :)

RE: Fall of man

SCRIPTURE PROOF
    1 Corinthians 2:14: The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually judged.
    Genesis 2:17: But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
    Romans 5:12: Therefore, as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin; and so death passed unto all men, for that all sinned.
    2 Corinthians 1:9: Yea, we ourselves had the sentence of death within ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raiseth the dead.
    Ephesians 2:1-3: And you did He make alive, when ye were dead through your trespasses and sins, wherein ye once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the powers of the air, of the spirit that now worketh in the sons of disobedience; among whom ye also all once lived in the lusts of your flesh, doing the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
    Ephesians 2:12: Ye were at that time separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
    Jeremiah 13:23: Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard his spots? Then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.
    Psalm 51:5: Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity; And in sin did my mother conceive me.
    John 3:3: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one is born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
    Romans 3:10-12: As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one; There is none that understandeth, There is none that seeketh after God; They have all turned aside, they are together become unprofitable; There is none that doeth good. no, not so much as one.
    Job 14:4: Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.
    1 Corinthians 1:18: For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.
    Acts 13:41: Behold, ye despisers, and wonder and perish; For I work a work in your days, A work which ye shall in no wise believe, if one declare it unto you.
    Proverbs 30:12: There is a generation that are pure in their own eye, And yet are not washed from their filthiness.
    John 5:21: For as the Father raiseth the dead and giveth them life, even so the Son also giveth life to whom He will.
    John 6:53: Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink His blood, ye have not life in yourselves.
    John 8:19: They said therefore unto Him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye know neither me, nor my Father; if ye knew me, ye would know my Father also.
    Matthew 11:25: I thank thee, O Father Lord of heaven and earth, that thou didst hide these things from the wise and understanding, and didst reveal them unto babes.
    2 Corinthians 5:17: If any man is in Christ, he is a new creature.
    John 14:16: (And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may be with you forever,) even the Spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive; for it beholdeth Him not, neither knoweth Him; ye know Him; for He abideth with you, and shall be in you.
    John 3:19: And this is the judgment, that light is come unto the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil.
    Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
    Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
    Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wonderful scriptures! :thumbsup: But back to my question, So do you have an answer to my question?

16. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is not obligated to save anybody, neither does anybody deserve the love of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZKJSNVgqM

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't know the numbers, but I would wager it is a very high percentage of born again believers who came to Christ through some other means than a Calvinism sermon. You call it all Satanic, do you really think that sits well with Jesus Christ?

What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen! :thumbsup:

19. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ is not preached when His doctrines are perverted. A little leaven leaven's the whole lump.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your free to hold that opinion, however I will stick with what Paul taught.