1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not so popular holidays

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Mar 19, 2009.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Which do you celebrate?

2. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not a very festive person. I will celebrate Easter, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. The reasons being to celebrate the ressurection of Christ, to give thanks for all of our blessings (which should be done daily), & to celebrate the gift that God gave us. That's about it.

My least favorite holdiays are Halloween & Mardi Gras. Around here, if you say you hate Mardi Gras, they act like you just said that you hate Christmas. I have lived in this area since 1990 & only been to two parades (becuase my job was to provide security at a shopping center). I just don't see the point in the whole bead thing.

Halloween was something I celebrated as a kid until I heard about its history. For at least three years in a row, I dressed up in a He-Man costume. My parents even made me a sword to go with it. I think its fun to dress up as something or someone else. I also think its fun to scare people or be scared by others (if its done in good taste). However, I don't care for the demonic or occultic things associated with it (witches, warlocks, devils, & imps).

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I don't celebrate any holiday. They're all just another day for me to get through and pray for the Lord to put me out of my misery.

4. billreber

billreber New Member

Holiday? What is a holiday? Just kidding!

I gladly celebrate Christmas and Easter (with a distinct Christian emphasis). I also gladly celebrate Halloween, but I give out Scriptures with the candy for the kids, and do NOT dress up as anything evil. I have dressed up as Moses or Joshua to hand out the Scriptures. Thanksgiving is another favorite, again with an emphasis on thanks to God.

Are there other "holidays"? I work just about every other day that our governments take off. My employer pays me for exactly 7 "holidays" each year, and I could not name them, because I usually end up working most of them anyway.

Bill :godisgood:

5. puros_bran

puros_bran Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aren't Holidays Brit for vacation?

I celebrate all my vacations. :)

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Misery due to the holiday? :confused:

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

No, due to being in this miserable hate-filled, sin-cursed world where I'm sick and tired all the time, in constant pain from arthritis and an injury and have more medical bills than I can pay.

8. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like Valentine's Day and make it a day to do something special for my spouse and kids.