1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Nouthetic Counseling

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I never play games with people I don't know!

The question is so simple a child could understand it. just present Scripture to show that depression, panic disorder, bi-polar behavior, schizophrenia, paranoia, are all the result of sin.

Then given your expertise perhaps you will present scripture showing that cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, pneumonia, typhoid, ad infinitum are all the result of individual sin.

Atta boy, I knew I would get the answer!

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No one is judging you or anyone. That claim always pops up when people do not want the light shined on them.
    You say you had mood swings. I also used to have them. One minute I was fine and the next in a fight or walk off jobs and on and on, but it was dealt with with confession and forsaking my sin. Yes it was a battle, but it is won with confession and forsaking not drugs. The claim of a chemical imbalance by these so called Doctors is quackery. There is no scientific evidence that there is such a thing as a chemical imbalance. No blood test or anything lese to support such. If there was a chemical imbalance it would show up in a blood test and it has never happened. The drugs you are taking might very well bring you under control, but they will never fix the problem. That takes confession and forsaking the sin. By the way you do not have to act on a mood swing. That is a choice, I have had them.

3. OldRegular

What is that old saying about a guilty conscience??:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

4. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More of the same......Source

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Depression is not always caused by a spiritual condition. God gave doctors wisdom for a reason. They are not so useless as some think. If they were so useless then the average age of death would remain at about 40 as it was at this time last century.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I asked you a question for clarification. If you want the answer then answer my question other wise you are playing games. The proof you are playing games is the new question you just asked.

7. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

So, I am an unconfessed sinner?

Doesn't that make me lost? Isn't that why people go to hell, because they don't confess their sin before God and repent? So, now you are telling me that not only will i go to hell for not confessing my sins, but God has put a mental illness on me while I am alive to punish me further?

Scripture please?

So, basically you are saying that I am not saved?

John

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I know you love the ear tickling.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Not knowing how to get saved will keep us from being saved, but confessing our sin is not what gets us saved or keeps us saved. We are saved by repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ not confessing sin. Read the accounts of those who were saved in the NT and there is no one who confesses their sin to get saved. They simply turn to God and put their faith in the Lord Jesus.

10. OldRegular

Doctor freeatlast

You are a pathetic excuse for a true believer. You have appointed and anointed yourself judge over all on this Forum who do not submit to your nonsensical belief. I must assume that you do not know personally anyone who has responded and indicated they suffer from a mental illness yet you judge them sinners. It is simply stupid to argue that mental illness is the result of sin and not make the same argument that physical illness is the result of sin.

11. seekingthetruth

How do you repent without confession? How do you know what to repent of if you don't acknowledge and confess your sins?

Are you sure you are Baptist?

John

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Thank you for you thoughts. I ask you again. Is your attitude because of your pastors teachings or are you self taught?

13. OldRegular

You did not ask a question for clarification. You simply can't provide the Scripture to prove your point. It is you who appear to be playing games otherwise you would present Scripture so that all the people on this Forum who are suffering from various mental illnesses could be healed and save loads of money.

So be nice, show the spirit of Jesus Christ and help out all these brothers and sisters who desperately need your help. And please don't use me as an excuse for not helping these people. PLEASE!!!!:tear::tear::tear::tear:

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

First I would ask you to point out someone in NT scripture that confessed their sin to get saved. There are several that are mentioned and how they got saved and no one confessed sins. It is always repent and believe, but not confess sins.
    Repentance is not bound up in what you are turning from, but Who you are turning to. The turning from sin is the result of turning (repentance) to God not the substance of the turning. Many people think they turn from sin to get saved, but they never turn (surrender, totally turn) to God. They have religion not salvation.
    However in regards to drugs and mental illness unless there is some tumor or brain accident then sin is the culprit and needs to be confessed and forsaken to overcome the problem. Even in the cases of tumors and brain accidents drugs never fix the problem. Drugs just mask the problem not fix it.

#74 freeatlast, May 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2012
  15. OldRegular

Good question John.

16. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hahaha, yep that's exactly the kind of response I was waiting for.

Listen, I'm as orthodox as you get, I'll absolutely defend the authority, inspiration, and inerrancy of the text...but this line of reasoning is not biblical.

17. OldRegular

:applause::jesus::applause::godisgood:

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Like I said you are playing games. Answer my question and I wll answer your question.

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is if you believe the bible.

20. seekingthetruth

So you are saying that preachinjesus does not believe the Bible?

Where are the mods?

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.