1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Now that the shouting is over...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Mexdeaf, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

We need to pray. We are COMMANDED to pray.

Conservatives (Christians and non-) need to start looking forward to 2012 NOW. It appears to me that it is time for those who really value freedom and righteousness to get serious about electing a third-party candidate. It is time to stop choosing between 'the lesser of two evils' and get behind someone we can support 100%- I like Keyes.

We need to continue to make our voices heard and our votes count. President-elect Obama has promised to listen to those who disagree with him and I for one intend to hold him to that promise- he WILL hear from me- and soon!

We need to pray for a spiritual awakening in the USA. Maybe Obama will turn out to be the best thing that has happened to God's people in a long time if it causes us to wake up.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I am praying alright.

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes Comrade I will pray in my state sanctioned church and join the american Politburo. And visit Lenins tomb to show my solidarity.

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I prayed that Obama wouldn't be elected, and you can what good that prayer did. However, I also prayed, "Nevertheless, Lord, Thy will be done." I believe God has a purpose for everything and can use anything in His plan. Unless we're very close to the end times, I can't see any useful purpose for allowing Obama to be elected. However, I don't know if he's any worse than other presidents we've had.

This nation has said to God, "We don't want You in our schools, our government buildings, our homes, or anywhere else we go. We don't want to hear or even see religious fanatics praying. We want to be able to teach our children about homosexuality and that they have a right to marry someone of their own gender without being told it's a "sin". We want You out of our lives and to be allowed to do everything our own way without Your interference."