1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured NSA Phone Records Surveillance Has Thwarted Terrorism, 'But That's Classified'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Proof please ... from credible sources. Thanks.

Do you believe there is personal privacy in our digital world?

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This dragnet goes beyond the law and the Constitution. The New York Times, a leftist newspaper, has printed that Big Brother Barack has lost all credibility. Bob Beckel, Walter Mondale's campaign manager said that the Obama administration is close to fascism on this issue of grabbing the phone records of innocent people.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No problem . . . CLICK HERE

Do you believe in the bill of rights? If you do you're probably a terrorist according to the government's own documents!!!

#23 poncho, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
  4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Close to fascism? The Obama administration is occupied by Wall Street. That's not close to fascism that is fascism.

5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is no proof. That is Paul Rand's opinion grinding his political ax. Find some real proof.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahh well....crabby wasn't going to admit to anything regardless of what you posted. See he is a progressive. And progressives are foundationally wrong because they do not like what has already been. And in today's world they want to make changes not through the processes that have been set up but by changing definitions, pretending that the constitution says things other than what they were intended to say.

Progressives are by nature dishonest and deceitful. That is just the nature of their ideology.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha, I ain't even warmed up yet partner. Just wanted to see you do what you've been so well trained to do. Poo poo anything that doesn't fit your agenda, before I loaded up this little box with all kinds of mainstream news articles. :smilewinkgrin:

Kerry: US to Release Millions in Aid to Egypt

510 million to the Muslim Brotherhood. No big deal right?

U.S. recognizes Syrian opposition

200 million to Syrian rebels that are admittedly run by "Al Qaeda". No big deal right?

This article is from the source 'nytimes' and was first published or seen on August 27, 2012 15:54 (UTC).

Oops did we say "funneling weapons" to Al Qaeda? What we really meant was . . .

Al-Qaida turns tide for rebels in battle for eastern Syria

YaY! Our heros!

CIA spies 'smuggle 14 Stinger missiles into Syria so rebels can take out regime warplanes'

History really does repeat itself. We armed Al Qaeda with stingers in Afghanistan during the Afghan vs USSR war where we used extremist muslims as a proxy fighting force to drive the USSR out of Afghanistan. Remember that? No big deal right?

C.I.A. Said to Aid in Steering Arms to Syrian Opposition

Who is the "Syrian Opposition"? Well, admittedly it's made up of the Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda fighters, and other islamic extremists from all over the Arab world. Few of them are actually Syrian. But, that's no big deal right? We know how to pick and choose the "good guys".

Syrian Rebels Tied to Al Qaeda Play Key Role in War

YaY! Our heros!

Al-Qa'ida's Foreign Fighters In Iraq.

2007-2008 US West Point reports reveal Al Qaeda network behind NATO's so-called "freedom fighters." Extremists in Syria were behind Iraq War foreign terrorist influx, not Syrian government.

Even West Point admits . . . NATO-backed "pro-democracy" rebels in Libya were in fact Al Qaeda's Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG), listed by the US State Department, United Nations, and the UK Home Office (page 5, .pdf) as an international terrorist organization.

No big deal right? West Point isn't a "credible source" after all. Right?

Mideast folly: U.S. arms find their way to Islamic extremists

Ooopsies! Our bad!

The Redirection

Is the Administration’s new policy benefitting our enemies in the war on terrorism? (ca 2007)

Cajoling, Drugging and More as Rebels Try to Draw Defectors

All's fair in love and war right?

Report: Obama OKs support for Syrian rebels

Hey if the big dog says support the "rebels" by golly we should support the "rebel"s. So what they're mostly radical extremists and Al Qaeda members. We all need to let the big dog listen to our phone calls and read our emails to keep us safe from Al Qaeda and extemist muslims. So what if the big dog also supports arming Al Qaeda and extremist muslims? No big deal right? That's not a contradiction. Noooooo. It all makes perfect sense. The big dog loves us.

Say when Crabby I can fill up this whole thread with news articles from "credible sources" I'm just now getting warmed up. :smilewinkgrin:

#27 poncho, Jun 8, 2013
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Credible Sources Say Part II.

Libya’s new rulers offer weapons to Syrian rebels

Leading Libyan Islamist met Free Syrian Army opposition group

Libya Ex-Islamic terrorist leader heads Tripoli Military Council

Libyan rebels carry out reprisal attacks

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

Ex-Mujahedeen Help Lead Libyan Rebels

Libya: secret role played by Britain creating path to the fall of Tripoli

Rebel Fighters Target Black Libyans, Sub-Saharan Africans, Amnesty Reports

Internment and Terror for Black Libyans

We've Attacked Libya With $368 Million Worth of Bombs

And we weren't even "at war" with Libya. Oh how sweet it is to be a modern day weapons manufacturer. Guaranteed endless profits from endless wars or whatever other euphemism we use to describe the destruction we create around the world to soothe our conscience.

Gaddafi under siege: Two CIA-backed groups, an al-Qaeda-linked LIFG on top of power stakes

Leader of Al Qaeda calls on Muslims to help Syrian rebels

Syria: Clinton Admits US On Same Side As Al Qaeda To Destabilise Assad Government

"Yeah so what difference does it make?" We still need to pry into every facet of every American's private life . . . to protect them from terrorists

Well, I'm getting pretty tired of posting credible sources (but I could do it for days because there's hundreds of em) to back up my position Crabby. What have you got to back up your position?

#28 poncho, Jun 8, 2013
  9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have gone way off topic on this one. Please start a new thread and we can talk.

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which, being interpreted, meaneth:

Oh sh**!

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO, he hasn't. YOU asked for credible sources; he gave them to you.

This is where Poncho comes in with that infamous line: "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" Because, as you made clear in another thread, you believe truth is subjective; thus, you can believe only those things that you want to believe.

12. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It also means that someone did what I asked and I can't refute him, so I'll just refuse to answer.

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually it was at that point I made a mistake and should have pointed out that he was off topic. I think it is fair to ask that a new thread be started and this one put back on the topic. I've been thinking about Syria and I believe there are deeper reasons why we are supporting the rebels. I believe we are participating in a dangerous gambit and would like to discuss it in another thread.

So, let's get this one back on topic. How do we balance privacy and security? Is there really any privacy left in our digital world even if NSA stopped the program?

14. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The more things change, the more they stay the same!

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's fine by me Crabby. The first thing we need to do imho is admit that the "war on terror" is a fraud and if the "war on terror" is a fraud then so are the reasons behind the idea that we have to live in a high tech global (America isn't the only place this is going on) militarized big brother police state to be safe.

This isn't about privacy Crabby much as the pundits will try to make us believe this about protecting and defending the bill of rights. The privacy argument is a distraction from the the real issue. The real issue here is do we trust a government that has consistently lied to us about the reasons we need all this heightened security?

#35 poncho, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
  16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That could be an interesting thread. I will start a thread with the title of ... Syria, Rebels, Assad ... what is going on ... we can discuss there.

#36 Crabtownboy, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
  17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Cool that sounds good partner. I can just tack my old threads on Syria to your new thread on Syria and kick back and drink coffee this afternoon.:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.