1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nursing Mothers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The public breastfeeding push is nothing more than another feminist cavil. And feminism could not have taken hold if not for male feminists. The husbands are actually more accountable.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, still of the opinion that nothing God made is ornamental?

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, Aaron - would you prefer your women veiled from head to toe, and walking 3-6 paces behind you?

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

This is unbelievable. We aren't talking about wanton women trying to seduce lusty men in our congregations. :rolleyes:

We're talking about discretely feeding babies what God intended them to have and so created the woman's body accordingly. Get over it.

It has nothing to do with the feminist movement.

I breast fed my son and my own husband was never turned on by it. So for you guys who have issues of lust...well that's just sick.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What if the legalistic friends told you that you needed to get rid of the TV.

Did you really say we should do away with suits? Can you call our senior pastor? He's still a suit guy and we're thinking that suits are for lawyers and salesmen. LOL

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Public breastfeeding occurred significantly before feminism was even a consideration.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hair's purpose is to keep the head warm. That is the purpose. We go ahead and make it ornamental but that is not it's purpose. Same with earlobes. And necks - they all have a purpose but we make it ornamental.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have. I gently remind them that their problem with the TV is what's on it; that's why I turn it off while they're here. Then I ask them if they see any difference in me between when they didn't know I watch TV, and now that they do. If they don't see any difference, I just smile smugly and change the topic. If they say they do, I ask them for further clarification.

Nope; I said the things we can do something about, we should consider. Doesn't mean stop doing them; means consider doing something about them.

What would I suggest about the lady who gets turned on by men wearing suits? Counseling. LOL

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So then why not directly deal with the nursing issue? As I've said, I covered and covered well. If someone had an issue with it, I'd be happy to speak to them about it and I HAVE chosen to not nurse in the presence of some who just could not handle it including my FIL. But I would not allow myself to be banished from church just because I need to feed my child. Now, when the child got older and much more noisy, I did go to the nursing room which was specially set up with a closed-circuit TV, changing table and nice rockers but I didn't like to go in there much during the sermon because it was too easy to start chatting instead of listening to the message. So I'd try to go in there before I dropped the baby off in the nursery if they needed to be fed or else I'd nurse immediately after down there. But when they were babies, I didn't use the nursery because they were never a bother or noisy so they would just be with me. I had one child that would only sleep while she was nursing so I spent months nursing a child in church just to keep her quiet. LOL Again, no one saw anything. :D

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you mean? I remind you that I've written several times that I personally don't have a problem with it. The only thing I've tried to point out is, what do you do when someone does point out to you that they have a problem with it?

You've answered by saying that you'd discuss it with that person; and that you wouldn't do it in their presence. Cool beans!:thumbs:

Aaron is the only one here who seems to be espousing that you should stay at home. I think he also wants you to be veiled head to toe, walk 3-6 paces behind your husband, never wear shoes, and don't come out of the kitchen unless called.... ;)

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Cool! Sorry I misunderstood you.

I guess so. Sad.

12. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Aaron just likes to stir the pot. Don't encourage him by responding to his posts.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am probably older than you Aaron. Years ago when we went on deputation and visited perhaps hundreds of churches, my son was an infant. My wife nursed him for 18 months and never had a complaint from anyone. She never missed church either. That was before the present feminism movement that you are referring to.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Luke 2:27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him according to the custom of the law,

I guess you would have advised Mary to stay at home?

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I would prefer women wore tight and revealing clothing—the good-looking ones, anyway. I'd prefer the fat and old ones more covered, naturally. I mean, you asked about personal preference.

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So a woman's glory is a warm head? It was given to Eve when she needed no covering. This is elementary stuff, Ann, and you presume to instruct me in sociology?

Anyway. You can have it your way. There is no beauty in you ladies. [offensive language edited]

#96 Aaron, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
  17. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

There is no way on earth that I would allow such a thing.

We have a nursery for that sort of thing.

My wife mothers five children. She breast fed all five without the slightest urge to do it in the sanctuary.

18. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Samuel 1:21-22

Oh no Hannah didn't! Absenting herself from public worship while nursing?!

If only she had the advice of the Baptist Board chapter of the La Leche League! Our church ladies would set her straight!

Matthew Henry:

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]Eureka! I think you have found a way to justify a sinful heart and disobey scripture. You have defeated God’s word.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The edit is misleading. I used no profanity. I described a woman's breast using technical terminology for plumbing fixtures. (And DHK wants to harp to me on the subject of context?)

Anyway, Ann said everything God made was non-ornamental. She insists that everything on a human body is coldly utilitarian. That would mean that there is no physical beauty, and therefore a woman's breasts is just a _________________ (insert technical term for a plumbing fixture.)

A man would do as well to marvel at his kitchen faucets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.