1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama’s Top Three Health Care Campaign Lies

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lie Number 1: I Won’t Tax Your Health Benefits

Obama ally Sen. Max Baucus told the Washington Post that Obama is now willing to tax employer-provided health benefits. Baucus said: “Yeah, it’s something that he might consider. That was discussed. It’s on the table.”

Lie Number 2: I Won’t Force You to Buy Health Insurance

President Obama sent a letter to Democratic Senators Ted Kennedy and Max Baucus yesterday that says—using the new code word “responsibility” to refer to the same kind of mandate he slammed in Hillary’s plan:

“I understand the Committees are moving towards a principle of shared responsibility — making every American responsible for having health insurance coverage, and asking that employers share in the cost. I share the goal of ending lapses and gaps in coverage that make us less healthy and drive up everyone’s costs, and I am open to your ideas on shared responsibility.”

Lie Number 3: If You Aren’t Rich, I Won’t Raise Your Taxes

Well, it’s hard to keep up because new ideas are floated every day, but they all would involve taxing people who make less than $250,000. In fact, even his income tax hikes for the rich have now been dropped down to start at $235,000. Then there’s the soft drink excise tax, the cap-and-trade energy taxes, and most recently the VAT, a form of national sales tax. And of course the tax on health benefits I mentioned above would also break the only-tax-the-rich pledge.

More Here

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

This is one of the most incredibly dangerous legislative ideas to come down the pike in a long time.

I guess "freedom" means nothing anymore. We're gonna be forced to buy health insurance. And the eventuality is a government monopoly.

This ignores foundations our country was built upon; it ignores everything we know about government monopolies and competition; and it ignores the abject fiduciary stupidity of the fascist Obama administration.