1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama Admin Grabs Millions of Verizon Phone Records

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks for the candid responses.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Think Nazi GESTPO!!!!!

ZEE has nothing to vurry about if zoo are doing nothing vong!!!!!:type:

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

When you say "terrorists" who do you mean Crabby, Islamic extremists that the democrats and republicans have been funding and arming and using as proxy fighting forces in Libya, Syria and Iran, or the American people including yourself that are the real targets of the Big Brother police state the democrats and republicans have built?

http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/ron-paul-supporters-terrorists

Big Brother has you squarely in his sights Crabby being an Obama apologist doesn't make you immune from his brand of tyranny. It only puts the rest of us in danger. And yes the same goes for republican apologists. I think it was Ben Franklin that said we must hang together or we will surely hang separately. Wake up y'all this government isn't there to represent us it's there to rob us and rape us. And they're using "terrorists" and the threat of "terrorism" to do it.

Forget about the leftie vs rightie garbage and defend your liberties. Stop being sheople.

#43 poncho, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
  4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you will have to live in a very insecure world with many more 9/11's. Are your phone records worth that? As I said, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

I say make communications for terrorists as difficult to hide as possible. Make life miserable for them. Ever think about the fear that many live with because of drones? I understand you can hear them buzzing around. It must be extremely frightening for many.

Now if you want to be soft on terror that it your right. But be honest about it and don't scream if another 9/11 happens.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Don't pull that yer a republican hypocrite crap on me Crabby. I was against this back when you were still calling Bush a fascist for doing what Obama is doing now.

Matter of fact I was all about protecting our rights back when liberals thought it was the fashionable thing to do. I was against all these wars that Bush AND Obama started.

What a turnaround you liberals have had to make to apologize for this banker puppet president of your's. Everything you all love about this guy is everything all you hated about Bush.

Let me tell you about the republicans being tough on terror. They've been so tough on it John McCain was a paid lobbyist for a known terrorist group the MEK. He lobbied on their behalf to get them taken of the "official terrorist list". So the MEK could go commit acts of terror against the Iranians with your tax dollars. Google it. You and I would be in jail for doing what John McCain did. But he's allowed to go on being tough on terrorists by calling to send the islamic extremists in Syria money and weapons openly without having to sneak them through Saudi and Turkish government channels. The only republicans against it? Rand Paul.

Now let me tell you about how soft on terrorism the democrats are. Not only have they kept all the old "Bush" policies of pre emptive strikes, unconstitutional wars, costly interventions, the shredding of the constitution , the DHS and the militarized police state. THEY EXPANDED IT ALL!!!

John Kerry got up there in front of the whole world and told us the democrats are every bit as eager to arm islamic terrorists as John McCain.
    Setting up a 250M "trust fund" to keep the islamic extremists well funded and armed in the future.

Yeah, the government needs my phone records to protect me from the people it arms on a daily basis. Yeah, the government needs to do away with search warrants to to protect me from terrorists the government funds with my tax dollars everyday. Oh yeah we're being over run with all these terrorists and the government's only answer is give up your liberties so we can keep you safe. Oh and let us stick our hands down your pants and take naked pictures of you . . . to keep you safe.

The same line tyrants have been using to enslave populations for centuries.

Just for the record you have a better chance of being struck by lightening or winning the lottery jackpot than being killed in a terrorist attack. But don't scream when you find out the government is hyping the terrorist threat to the high heavens to scare you into loving your new chains.

#45 poncho, Jun 7, 2013
  6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Why would you have been opposed to the Patriot Act then? If you opposed the Patriot Act, why are you out here defending Obama for expanding it?

I did what poncho suggested. Here's the very first item I found googling "john mccain mek".

#46 ccrobinson, Jun 7, 2013
  7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are portions of the Patriot Act that pose real dangers to you and to me regardless of our being innocent. You and I can be arrested and held without a warrant, without our known what we are charged with, and can be held indefinitely. That is a real danger.

The phone records are screened to show if there are patterns in the calls or calls to know terrorists. Big difference. They are not listening to every call. From what I heard less than 1% have even been flagged in any way.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the government in action right there. Note both democrats and republicans are on board with this just as both the democrats and republicans are on board together with sending money and arms to islamic extremists in Syria. NATO even flew air cover for islamic extremists flying the black Al Qaeda flag in Libya!

And we're supposed to believe that these same people need our phone records to keep us safe from one of their favorite radical extremist charities?

C'mon.

#48 poncho, Jun 7, 2013
  9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

But you, as you have stated more than once, have nothing to hide. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear, thus, no reason to oppose the Patriot Act.

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is mixing oranges and apples. Two totally different subjects in my mind. I do not mind the government knowing who I call. I do mind companies tracking me, but there is nothing I can do about that. Also I can do nothing about foreign government tracking me, you or anyone else.

I am concerned that at some point in the future the Patriot Act can be used against me and I have no idea why. We have had some folk run for office who I believe would use the PA for their own gains or the gains of their own party.

Again I believe we should make it as difficult as possible for terrorists to communicate secretly. Do you agree?

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Again I have to ask what terrorists are you talking about? Are you talking about the islamic extremists our government keeps sending money and weapons?

Let me break it down for you Crabby. Our government tells us everyday that it needs the power to snoop in our lives, it needs the power to arrest us, detain us or even execute us without due process because we're at war with islamic extremists.

Problem with that story is the same government that is telling us this is the same government that is FUNDING AND SUPPLYING weapons to islamic extremists!!!

The Patriot act was passed on the pretense that it was going to be used to protect us from islamic terrorists. Are you islamic? Are the AP reporters islamic? Are conservative Americans islamic? NO! Then why does the government need to snoop in your life, into reporters lives into conservatives lives?

Here's why. Listen close and get ready to use your google button.

The government views anyone that disagrees with it as suspected terrorists. Read the MIAC report. Google it! Who are the terrorists according to the government in their OWN REPORTS???

Ron Paul and Chuck Baldwin and all their supporters that's who!!! READ THE REPORT!

There's nothing in there about islamic extremists. You are the terrorist the government is worried about. Are you a Christian? Then the government views you as a terrorist! Are you pro life? Then the government views you as a terrorist! Are you against letting a group of private global bankers run our economy? Then the government views you as a terrorist! Are you anti United Nations? Guess what? You're probably a terrorist!!!

You and I are the terrorist threat that most worries our government Crabby. It's all in their own reports. READ THEM!!!

In the meantime we got John McCain and John Kerry lobbying for real terrorist groups and setting up trust funds to keep real islamic extremists well funded and armed!

Conclusion, the "war on terror" is really a war on us. Here's Chuck Baldwin's (a potential terrorist threat according to our government) response to the MIAC report. READ IT!!!

Don't get it yet? Okay, here's another example . . .CLICK HERE

Still don't get it? Okay here's another report this time from the DHS.

A new study funded by the Department of Homeland Security characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.

Entitled Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States, 1970-2008 (PDF), the study was produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism at the University of Maryland. The organization was launched with the aid of DHS funding to the tune of $12 million dollars.

While largely omitting Islamic terrorism - the report fails completely to mention the 1993 World Trade Center bombing – the study focuses on Americans who hold beliefs shared by the vast majority of conservatives and libertarians and puts them in the context of radical extremism.
    The report takes its definitions from a 2011 study entitled Profiles of Perpetrators of Terrorism, produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, in which the following characteristics are used to identify terrorists.

CONTINUE . . .

Still not getting it? Okay try to think of it like this. When you think "terrorists" you picture a muslim extemist with a bomb strapped to his chest. When the government thinks "terrorists" they picture YOU and ME!!! Are you getting it yet???

#51 poncho, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
  12. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poncho,
    There's no use arguing constitution because they don't think the constitution is really binding because the leftists say that the founding fathers didn't know there would be telephones.

You can't argue consistency because they think the law ought to protect a criminal from incriminating himself because of the 5th Amendment, but that no one else has that right because if you don't have something to hide you won't care who looks.

You can't show sources because they will argue that your's are not credible in spite the fact that even the NY Times thinks that what this President is doing is outrageous.

Their's is the mindset that drove people to support Hitler, Stalin and every other tyrant down through history. They actually believe the line "I'm from the government and i'm here to help you." :tongue3:

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Oh I know Tom. I've been hammering on that wall for years. Facts don't matter, history doesn't matter, the very nature of man to sin doesn't matter.

Government documents don't matter, the top .01% that have consolidated all the wealth of the world meeting in secret doesn't matter. The top .01% meeting in secret to dress in red and black robes for the "cremation of care" ceremony and being served cold beverages by male prostitutes at the Bohemian Grove doesn't matter.

Because according to all the spineless skinny panted moused haired preachers God has put a scum of the earth death cult in power over all of us. So we should be happy and go along with it all like good Christians.

The same message Hitler's preachers preached word for word. It's gotta be the fluoride.

#53 poncho, Jun 8, 2013
  14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Oh I know Tom. I've been hammering on that wall for years. Facts don't matter, history doesn't matter, the very nature of man to sin doesn't matter.

Government documents don't matter, the top .01% that have consolidated all the wealth of the world meeting in secret doesn't matter. The top .01% meeting in secret to dress in red and black robes for the "cremation of care" ceremony and worshiiping an owl statue while being served cold beverages by male prostitutes at the Bohemian Grove doesn't matter.

Because according to all the spineless skinny panted moused haired preachers God has put a scum of the earth death cult in power over all of us to carry out His will. So we should all be happy and subservient and go along with it all like good Christians ought to. Johnathan Mayhew would never preach a sermon like that if he were alive today. If he were alive today he'd be on the no fly list his phone tapped and most likely end up commiting suicide by shooting himself in the head 19 times with a single shot rifle.

People here are so detached from reality it's a wonder the country still functions at all. But, there is good news too Tom. People are waking up to reality all over the world now. It'll take awhile here still because we Americans are no doubt the most uneducated, uninformed, dumbed down and fearful people on the planet.

And that's changing too. Not here, but everywhere else it is. BBers are the last of the holdouts.

You want to hear something funny? Well, funny in a sick sad way. We got this discussion about our government snooping in our phone calls and emails some say it's good some say it's bad. Some believe it's the democrats doing it some believe it's the republicans doing it. Now that's the funny part. This isn't an American program. It's a GLOBAL program.

This report on the existence of a global system for the interception of private and commercia lcommunications (ECHELON interception system) came out of the European Parliment in 2001.

So it's not just the democrats and republicans that have been snooping in our phone calls and emails foreign countries have been doing it for quite some time now. That changes everything doesn't it?

ECHELON is a term associated with a global network of computers that automatically search through millions of intercepted messages for pre-programmed keywords or fax, telex and e-mail addresses. Every word of every message in the frequencies and channels selected at a station is automatically searched. The processors in the network are known as the ECHELON Dictionaries. ECHELON connects all these computers and allows the individual stations to function as distributed elements an integrated system. An ECHELON station's Dictionary contains not only its parent agency's chosen keywords, but also lists for each of the other four agencies in the UKUSA system [NSA, GCHQ, DSD, GCSB and CSE]

Want to read more about ECHELON? CLICK HERE.

#54 poncho, Jun 8, 2013
  15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Such as the current occupant of the White House.

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Crabby keeps asking--if you aren't doing anything wrong, what's the problem? To which I would reply: There are some things that you want a level of privacy. I don't want the government to know who I call, or how long I talk to them, for example. Even though there's nothing wrong with going to the bathroom, we don't put toilets in our living rooms!

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Why does the government need to know everything about us when it keeps us from knowing anything about it?

Oh sure there's "leaks" that happen but that's more less to keep the lid from boiling off the real scandals going on like the massive transfer of wealth from the 99% to the top .01% under the Bush/Clinton/Obama administration.

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I do wonder what Crabby would say if the current President was the one who had introduced the Patriot Act. I'm inclined to think he wouldn't oppose it. After all, he has nothing to hide.

Do you mean to say that under the Obama policies the rich are actually getting richer? It's almost as if Obama's been lying to us all this time about "fighting for the middle class".

I, for one, am shocked.

19. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would be against it in the same way I was opposed to it when it was proposed by Bush.

20. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Good to know.