1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Doesn't Think You Need Jesus To Be Saved

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Baptist4life, Apr 9, 2008.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I recall the quote about serving the same God (meaning Ishmael was a child of Abraham, too)...but don't recall him stating they were making their way to Heaven in any other fashion.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

From link in my edited post:

"I think we do. We have different routes of getting to the Almighty," Bush said. "But I want you to understand, I want your listeners to understand, I don't get to get decide who goes to heaven. The Almighty God decides who goes to heaven and I am on my personal walk," he said.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Prior to this quote...

In an exclusive interview with ABC News' Charles Gibson, Bush said he believes that both Christians and Muslims worship the same God.

His wording was poor, but like I stated prior, I believe he was referring to both Islam and Christianity stemming from Abraham. Note "worship", not salvation...

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all know what President Bush meant when he referred to worshipping the same God regardless of how you try to spin it, webdog.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm putting his quote in it's proper context, not spinning it. Muslims do believe they worship the God of Abraham. Christians do likewise.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Muslims do not worship the God of Abraham---the god of this age has blinded their eyes

What did Jesus say???

He who denies the Son---denies who??? The Father!!

Muslims are God deniers

7. nunatak

nunatak New Member

Exactly. Anybody or group who denies the deity and messiahship of Jesus Christ is antichrist.

I would say that fits the muslims.

Where does that leave the jews?

8. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

9. nunatak

nunatak New Member

Let me be clear. I am NOT saying that Obama is saved or lost, I don't know. I only say persons/groups are known by their fruit, and that fruit is faith in Christ alone.

Only God knows His elect.

IMO

10. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Wow? A Christian who doesnt mind being led by a muslim?

And you said that it is a "secular" office? What if Obama has a religious agenda (muslim) that he has not exposed? What if he really a christain, but still hates America? If he doesnt hate America, then why does he attend a church that does?

I would much rather have a godly, christian man leading our country..

And......how can a bible believing christian vote for someone who supports abortion and gay rights?

Your candidate creates more questions than he answers.

AJ

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I wouldn't mind.

However, for the record, Senator Obama is not a Muslim, and I wish that Christians would stop engaging in spreading that falsehood:

www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

I think that Senator Obama is a Christian, as for as I know. Just as I think, as far as I know, you are a Christian.

12. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

So, in essence, his beliefs about salvation are in line with Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush and John McCain.

13. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Thank you. Someone finally hit the nail on the head. That what makes me sick, the Christians claim the republican party is a Christian party.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

snopes.:laugh:

15. saved and sure

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that the Democrat Party is the Christian party?

16. saved and sure

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I say they cannot!! Voting no for the likes of Obama and Clinton says that what a leader believes does make a difference.

The left is always on the wrong side of morality that is what defines them. If they were on the side of mopality they would be on the opposite side.

17. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The USA PATRIOT Act, commonly known as the "Patriot" Act, is an extremely controversial Act of Congress that United States President George W. Bush signed into law on October 26, 2001. This was in response to 9/11 which means it was supposedly written, "reviewed", passed by both houses of Congress and signed into law in 45 days. It's 154 pages long and most Congressmen admitted that they didn't have time to read it before the vote.

The Patriot Act concerns me because it takes away some of our freedom granted under the constitution. Some people are against gun control for the same reason. But somehow it seems that most of those people who are against gun control are for the Patriot Act.

18. nunatak

nunatak New Member

Refusing to vote for somebody [edited] just because they don't line up with your view of a sin issue such as abortion, imo, smacks of the self-righteousness Paul wrote about in the first part of Romans chapter 2.

The simple truth is this: each of the candidates for President are SINNERS!! Totally depraved! As such they SIN! Whether this is supporting abortion, or saying whatever it takes to get elected, then going ahead and doing what they wanted to do all along. How do you quantify sin? If you try to, then I submit you need to study Romans 2 more completely.

19. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

So it doesn't matter if we have someone in office who has no morals as long as he can do the job? How should Christians choose who they vote for, if not on moral issues? Of course, just because someone is a Christian doesn't mean he will be any good at the job, but I would much rather vote for a Christian if we should ever have one running for office. However, I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are misapplying Romans 2. You seem to suggest that we should not look to the moral character of candidates. That would be foolish. How can a christian simply overlook the slaughter of innocent unborn children? How can christians overlook supporting the homosexual agenda that destroys one of the foundations of this country and most importantly is an abomination to God?

How do we quantity sin? By the impact of its consequences. By the nature of its perversion. And by the evil of its intentions.