1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama sweeps South Carolina

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jan 26, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama sweeps South Carolina

SA Kalinich

Yes, he can!

Eloquent, relevant and downright brilliant, Barack Obama’s South Carolina victory speech may carry him to the nomination.

“The mother who can’t get Medicaid to cover all the needs of her sick child,” he said, “the teacher who works another shift at Dunkin’ Donuts after school just to make ends meet…”

Were his “common people” allusions a hint that Johnny E may be a VP candidate? Never count him out.

Obama’s vice presidential choice is crucial. I fear deeply for his safety. Some are saying that his being in the race has wiped out racism. But don’t underestimate the ignorance of some Americans. There are pockets of this country where folks live in the 19th century, or at best, the 1950s.

Remember when Bill Clinton spoke of building bridges? Well, Obama is actually building them. Conservatives are considering him, which bodes well for the general election. He has a real crossover appeal and a charisma that is reminiscent of Kennedy and Reagan.
    Get ready for history, everybody.

- http://politicalderby.com/2008/01/26/obama-sweeps-south-carolina

I was extremely impressed with Obama's victory speech as well. I thought that he sounded very JFK-esque. I could see myself voting for him in November if he wins the Democratic Party nomination. There has not been as inspiring of a politician since Ronald Reagan. Democrats crossed over to vote for Reagan. The reverse could certainly be true in this case.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I would find it hard to believe - so far - that Obama could appeal to conservatives. However, his eloquence was brilliant tonight. Obama is probably the most articulate and engaging man in the race in either party

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joe Scarbrough on MSNBC says that he receives messages from conservatives that indicate that Obama can attract votes from this group. A lot of conservatives(other than the racists/bigots among them) don't feel toward Barack Obama the way that they do toward Hillary Clinton.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, take Joe with a grain of salt :)

I do not doubt that conservatives don't have the vitriol towards either Obama or Edwards that they do for Hillary. She is far more polarizing.