1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama upset about bank bonuses

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by targus, Jan 30, 2009.

1. targus

targus New Member

Obama, whose stimulus package faces an uncertain road to his hoped-for mid-February completion, told reporters he was outraged by a report of some $18 billion in Wall Street bonuses paid at a time taxpayer money was being used to shore up the crumbling financial system.

"That is the height of irresponsibility. It is shameful," Obama said, adding that his message to Wall Street players was "there will be time for them to make profits and there will be time for them to get bonuses. Now is not that time."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/8334083

So I just have to ask? Why is Obama upset about this?

Won't those bonuses stimulate the economy just like all the rest of the pork spending that Obama and the Democrats are pushing?

Is he mad because he isn't the one handing out the goodies and is afraid that the money was wasted because it won't be buying the Democrats any new votes?

That is the real purpose of this "crisis" after all - isn't it?

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I agree with Obama, but he is certainly inconsistent. He wants to pass out a trillion dollars irresponsibly while complaining about others who are passing out far less (and actually probably more responsibly).

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd rather see money go toward bank bonuses instead of for overseas abortions. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!