1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama won't rule out releasing detainees in US

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

To bad we in the U.S. don't have swift justice like China does.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really believe there is justice in China?

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Tell you what "Pastor"....if you like the Chinese system, perhaps you should move there.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You used the word 'pastor' in your post. I had never checked SAG's bio and had always thought SAG was a woman. I apologize to women on the board.

Anyway, yes, if someone likes Chinese 'justice' they should go there to learn all about it. In 2000 when I worked in China I was told that a person is executed by one shot to the back of his/her head. Then that person's family is billed for the bullet. Can't have the State wasting money on executions.

SAG and others should visit China and other countries. It give a big education on how good it is here. We do not have the best in everything about life, but I was always happy to have an American passport in my pocket when I was in other countries ... especially China. The people in China are great and very friendly to Americans. In fact they treat Americans much better than they treat each other. But I want no dealings with their government other than obtaining a visa.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you guys should actually read his post instead of just reacting to it. That way you have an actual understanding of what he said and do not look foolish.

6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I can take it Rev. Crabby doesn't believe in the death penalty and neither does MP. And, by some warped reasoning they think it's not forcing our values on China by not allowing China to execute swift capital punishment on terrorists. And, by the way, I'll stay right here in the U.S. until Big Brother takes my Cheerios away.

7. targus

targus New Member

Well, I learned something in this thread.

Crabboy is only against the U.S. imposing our values upon others when he disagress with it.

He is just fine with imposing our value on others when he agrees with it.

All those posts that he wrote and all those threads that he started in the past about Bush harming our standing in the world by imposing our values were all hot air.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.