1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Aunt

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Nov 1, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama aunt from Kenya living in US illegally

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D945TEE01&show_article=1

AP: Obama aunt from Kenya living in US illegally

Nov 1 12:08 AM US/Eastern
    By EILEEN SULLIVAN and ELLIOT SPAGAT
    Associated Press Writers

WASHINGTON (AP) - Barack Obama's aunt, a Kenyan woman who has been quietly living in public housing in Boston, is in the United States illegally after an immigration judge rejected her request for asylum four years ago, The Associated Press has learned.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/01/obama.aunt/index.html

It doesn't bother me that Obama "wasn't aware" of his aunt's status (although you'd think his staff and the Democrats would have run a thorough check on anyone/everyone related or close to him); come to think of it, I've just always assumed that all my aunts and uncles are American citizens, but I couldn't verify that right this minute.

What bothers me most is this part:
    Don't the American people have a right to know these things about the man who's possibly going to be their top leader?

Another example of "if we don't like what you're saying, we're going to shut you down."

So much for free speech.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and is it not unusual for many to come out of the woodwork and announce they are related to a prominent person - such as a Presidential candidate

In fact, genealogists did some searching and found out that Palin is related to the late Princesses Diane among others.

Such

Hmm, I wonder how many of us here on BB are related?:1_grouphug:

I know, I know, if we go back to Noaha...

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree that this an issue which needs attention the next couple of days.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only if you're saying the issue is the suppression of information, and the threat of "discipline" if you dare to find and make known that information....

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Sorry, should have been more clear, I agree.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Conyers is and has always been a disgrace.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

I wonder as president what he would do about this illegal activity, or will he approve of illegal immigration and do nothing about it, and will this signal it's alright to illegally enter and stay in this country? we wouldn't need immaragtion laws or INS anymore if he does nothing. This would allow his terrorist buddies freedom to enter this country without queston.

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He said in an interview that the laws of the land should be followed.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Actually, there seems to be laws against publicly releasing this information. We can't be appalled at Joe the plumbers privacy being invaded them approve of invading Obama's Auntie's privacy.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iVVj5SjAgqpjIbqdmcOB74FtqRIAD946VNCG0

Also, I read another article that said there are more than 10 million of these situations that are known to exist throughout the country. Sounds like some will even vote in this election without the assistance of ACORN since most are Hispanic.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That would be voter fraud.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Merged into the thread in politics so it can stay open longer.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You bet it is.... Sucks.

We really need to improve our immigration laws but I guess it isn't politically expedient for either party.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

He's a senator and has never done anything about her being illegal. Will he as president make sure the laws are followed and send her back home to kenya? Will he have her deported? Sinse we have already seen him do nothing about it, it must be because he approves illegal immagration, and by his non action has encouraged it, as he will continue to do.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

He is a senator from Illinois. His aunt lives illegally in Massachusetts. What would you have him do?

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

If your in this country illegally and have committed the crime of entering and continuing here illegally they you have no reasonable expectation of privacy, what your saying it is should be a secret if someone is here illegally and then of course because it is a secret we can't do anything about it. You are approving this illegal activity.
    But since the entire country now knows, shouldn't something be done about it, since obama already knew he is guilty of harboring a criminal.

17. targus

targus New Member

This situation with the aunt leads me to believe that Obama was not properly vetted by the Democrats.

Obviously they knew nothing about her or they would have remedied the situation before it became public knowledge.

This also accounts for the Democrats lack of knowledge as to Obama's lack of U.S. citizenship.:laugh:

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

How can an Illinois senator harbour a criminal in Massachusetts? I don't like this either, but what do you want another state's senator to do? Does he have the power as a senator from another state to deport her?

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

He is a governement offical, shouldn't he have to do something? Are you saying he holds no responsibality at all? Does it only matter what state an illegal lives in, if they live in the right state they can ignors laws and not ahve to expect to be deported?

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

What do you want him to do? Do you really think he can deport her? All by himself? She should be deported, but what do you want Obama to do about it. He has alrdy said the law should be followed.

He can't do anything about it. INS can, but last I knew Obama was not part of the INS.

Senator McCain has also done nothing about it, why not blame him?

There is nothing a senator can do.