1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Old Regular Baptist Website

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Daniel H, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

PBs vs. ORBs

Sorry I'm late to this discussion.

There are a few key things here that I want to make sure are straightened out.

First of all, the Primitive Baptists that I am familiar with and fellowship with, which I believe would represent the bulk of us, believe that every child of God will be regenerated (born again) sometime between conception and death. Not all will come to a complete knowledge of who their Saviour is, but all will have a real change inside of them. Not all who are changed will ever yield to the Spirit placed within them and follow God as they ought, and they'll know this in their heart. My brother is one who has been called from darkness to light and is willfully following a different path than what God has set before him. He is also reaping the negative benefits of that disobedience to God. That, however, does not change the fact that He is a born-again child of God. He is just "estranged" at the moment, and unable to feast at the Master's table.

I know of very few absoluter churches, and I know no absoluter personally. The churches that I know would not fellowship with them or anyone else who did fellowship with them.

I have never heard of a Primitive Baptist church that didn't use real wine in Communion.

Hopefully, this will clear up a few misconceptions.

As far as predestination, it means exactly what it says. God pre determined the final destination of His elect before the world began. He did not send or predestinate the non-elect to hell. They are bound there because of the fall of Adam, and them in him, and because God did not choose to save them from that fate, as He chose to save us. He is not sending them there, they are seding themselves there, and He is leaving them right where they are.

That is the Old Baptist position.

God bless. Bro. James

PS Hope all goes well with your newest move, Bro. Dallas. You know, Texas is pretty nice...and we do have a lot of good Old Baptist churches and brethren down here.;)

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Brother James;
    In all due respect, for God to choose some and not choose the others then He in effect, is choosing them for hell and the lake. I just do not see how you can have it both ways to say God chooses his elect but leaves the others behind.
    If I were driving down the road and saw a group of people who needed a ride, I stopped and picked up 10 but left 10 behind, when I had room for all twenty, then I chose to take 10 and chose to leave 10 and if I were the King of all Kings then there would be no chance whatsoever for the 10 left behind. Therefore, I would of chosen the destination of those 10 left. Now I know you are not going to accept that but we have studied as much as you and that is how we see the Scriptures.

You say that is the old baptist position but it depends on what baptist you are talking about. We take ours all the way back to Jesus Christ:
    John, chapter 3

"20": For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

(That one Scripture say you can either come to the light or not, and that is just one of many.)

Oh, my signature is another!!

bless,
    BBob

#42 Brother Bob, Jun 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2006
  3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Oops

Thought this was the other Old Regular Baptist web site and you were responding to our posts. Sorry James. :saint: