1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Old School Baptist Doctrinal Debates

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by old regular, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thanks, believe it or not, I knew it was wrong but didn't feel like looking it up. Also, I am of Royal blood being a Scott. Just goes to show you that I do make a mistake occasionally........................:) I do thank you though.

#222 Brother Bob, Aug 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2007
  3. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

Just want to be a help to you AV

AV

The meaning of what Brother Bob was telling me was understood. And as for being of "hep," your facetious comments certainly are for they show whether or not they are written in the Spirit of God or man. Perhaps your daddy and/or you would be interested in knowing how to spell Southerners, not "southrens. May God help you.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Glad to see you got it Sis Sarah.

Now there is a easier way. At the top of your message box, on the far right is a little yellow box with an arrow pointing out of the bottom. Just click on that and copy and paste your message right in the center of the "quotes".

BBob,

5. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

Titus 3:9

At oh! I left out that last quotation mark (") so I might be too ignorant to continue in these debates. :laugh: I read PSALM 58 Brother Bob and of course I have a different, Spiritual interpretation of that Scripture than what you stated so I've decided to go with the Scriptures and discontinue for I'm feeling condemned at this point. God bless all and I hope everyone continues in his or her good work. With Love,

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Oh, I don't believe you believe infants go to hell.

7. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

Family of God

Hey Brother Bob! You know, it's just like family, I can pick on you (Hee! Hee!), but I sure AIN'T gonna let anybody else do it! Ha! Ha! Ha! I hope we meet in church some day down here, before we get to Heaven. I am a member of Mt. Zion ORB in Ohio now if you ever get over that way. I love you!

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I told you Bro Mike would take care of you. Too bad we do not correspond but I was not involved in that whatsoever. I didn't even know about it for sometime after it took place. God Bless and I believe you are happy now.

BBob,

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hi Sarah and all;
    I just got home from a Union and Communion meeting over at Hampden, WV on Gilbert Creek at the "Rosa Old Regular Baptist."
    We had a wonderful meeting with around 57 taking the communion and feetwashing, with around 30 non members who watched. It not like the old days when you couldn't get in the house, but still not a bad crowd for Communion.
    Wonderful day, I will sleep good tonight, but sure you know what I mean.

BBob,

10. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

Praise God in the highest! And thank Him! I'm so happy to hear these words Brother Bob! I believe you will sleep well!

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

RE: Old School Baptist Doctrinal Debate

I wanted to go to Rosa ORB this last sunday so that I could wash Brother Bob's feet, but I had church on my family cemetary the same day, so I couldn't go. This upcoming sunday, Pilgrim's Home is having their annual feet washing meeting. If God blesses me, I will get to wash my daddy's feet!! Glory, glory, glory!!:godisgood: :jesus: It amazing that God can take two people such as my dad and I, and make us what we are today. When we were sinners, we were good ones...not proud of it, but we were very bad sinners. By His grace, He made a change in us. I give Him all my praise for what He has done for me! I am sure dad feels the same. I now do what I can to please Him!

12. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

Hi Brother Bob and All

I just wanted you all to know I am still alive here. I am just working so much these days it is hard to get on the board. I have no spare time it seems but I do miss you all. The best thing I heard this weekend was when Pastor Dwayne Slone was preaching at New Mt. Zion in Attica, OH and he said that even the swine would rather kill themselves than live with the deamons in them! I pray God I die daily as Apostle Paul wrote of himself! God bless!

With Love,

13. Sis. Sarah

Sis. Sarah New Member

Yom Kippur

I almost forgot, you know this past weekend was also the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, the time of atonement. Well thank God I came (and still come) to atonement through Jesus Christ because this old flesh is like the swine, which a true Jew hates you know. They, swine, don't have a soul so to die is in the flesh, and this old flesh of mine is like the swine, dead now, though Jesus Christ gives my soul life forevermore in Him! It's an amazing thing to serve the God of Israel!

: )

14. old regular

old regular Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old School Baptist

There is a thread here to discuss Old School Baptist Doctrine,does anyone know of any other Old Baptist web forums?? Not that I am looking for a debate, but do enjoy brethern who in a friendly way talk about scriptures ,history . I myself can't type well enough. Brother Mike

15. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know when you posted the above question, Brother Slone, but you can try [email protected] think you need to join the group first and be approved by the moderator....It's a forum for both PB's and Missionary Baptists (thus the mb), whose main host is Elder Hulan Bass, an able PB minister....

16. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for asking Brother Mike.

Thanks for answering Brother 'Pinoy' ! :)

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Is it safe to guess Bro Pinoy that you have to be either MB or PB to join this forum? I am ORB, but a CHILD of the KING first and foremost! If I am able to join, I might venture over, but I don't want to tread where there is no path, if you know what I mean? Please let me know. I don't want to venture over there until I know I can join....don't want to push myself on anyone. Thanks!!

i am I ams!!

Willis

18. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, no, the titles are simply to identify the missionary bents of each group.
    The PB's (generally) do not hold to sending out missionaries to help Jesus Christ populate heaven (not trying to be sarcastic here) but do believe that if a man feels a call to preach the gospel of a seated Savior to a redeemed people, then he should leave IMMEDIATELY and trust his care and needs to the God who called him, including who is to be preached to, how, and where.

We do hold to a peculiar set of doctrines that other Baptists find contrary to their mainlines, but to whom other Baptists may also identify with, and I believe the ORB's are among these, so you're welcome, Brother.

19. Forest

Forest New Member

I am jus wondering if any one can comment on Zechariah 13:8-9. I have been pondering over these verses for quite some time and would like to hear some explinations to help me better understand them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.