1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

On "Throwing Your Vote Away"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jan 12, 2024.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Well done my good and faithful servant” is all I want.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reward I want is to know I did what God wanted me to do.

If I can achieve that, everything else will be just what God wants it to be.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t think much of Carter, but let me be the first to say God is a lot smarter than me.

He can save whom He pleases to save—I won’t complain.

And if the Lord tells me in Heaven, “Carter was ten times the Christian you were”, I will say, “Yes Sir, Lord!”

But right now I’m on earth, and with my limited knowledge, I’ve never thought highly of him. All I know is all I know. Neither you nor I know it all. We just do the best we can.

4. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And there was silence in the beautiful gardens of Heaven as the light of God shined on every leaf and blade of grass. The flowers sang and the sky danced. And then God spoke through the light:
    "I have a very special reward for the ones who went to the voting booth and voted their conscience for the Libertarians and Independents. You did not throw your votes away. You were practicing for your eternal home. We also have a two party system here... There is Good and there is Evil. Good luck getting enough people to pull the lever for the Third Heaven."

:Biggrin:Roflmao:Laugh

5. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Crickets... Definitely not gonna make it as a comedian! :Roflmao

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know many who will vote for the "lesser of two evils" while others cannot support what they view as evil even if it in opposition to a greater evil.

This is actually a philosophical issue (Consequentialist moral reasoning vs Categorical moral reasoning).

It is important to recognize otherwise people will talk past one another.

An example that we've seen in movies is going back in time to kill Hitler as a child. While this would, hypothetically, save millions the person killing Hitler would be murdering a child.

The Consequentialist would kill the child (it is better to murder a child if it would save millions). The Categoricalist would not (it is wrong to murder).

7. robt.k.fall

robt.k.fall Member

I have voted in every presidential election since 1972. I have never voted for a Dem. But, I have voted for a Rep, Libertarian, or American Ind. Not that I thought the last two had a chance of winning. I remembered that in the 1890s the Populist Party platform was coopted by the Ds and Rs.

• Informative Informative x 1