1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Once saved always saved please help me!

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by 33ad, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me, its just the concept that God would translate us out of the Kingdom of satan into that of His Son, yet all the while knowing that we would one day "undo' all that he did for us!

if that is the case, how do we know ANY of us will be making it?

2. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

Grace is not related to continued sinning. But, they may not be accepting God's grace if their hearts reflect what you just shared. We don't know, and it doesn't matter if they are saved or not. Our ONLY job is to serve them through works of love.

For the record, the OSAS crowd usually confuses maturation verses with salvation verses. You can be saved, and not be in fellowship with God. But if you are a mature Xian, you can't avoid being in fellowship with Him.

Once mature, always mature. Once saved, you took the FIRST step in a race, not the last step. Christ wasn't here just to "save" you, whatever than means. Ask 100 Xians what "saved" means get 110 answers and all of them different. So to even talk about "saved" is pointless, really, because when I say the word you have a different picture than I have of the word. So we use the same word, but have different thougnts associated with it.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    if you want help go here:

Juanita Community Church

Bruce A. Ray | Kirkland, Washington 59°F

425-821-8444

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

33ad---

Sorry I haven't answered your PM before now, but if you'll honestly read what the others in our BB family have already posted, I wouldn't have had much more to add than they've already tried to tell you.

I don't think any of us here in the BB family want to condemn you, my friend. We sincerely want to help you.

Does that sound reasonable enough to you? I/We sure hope it does.

5. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

Our God Is a Consuming Fire

33AD, I am new here but couldn't help noticing your post. I grew up in the military and, as a result, have been in several baptist churches. I have been able to see the good and bad of baptists, however, I wouldn't say that their faults are solely a fault of this specific denomination.

I have had a troubled family life, but we went to church every Sunday and Wednesday. I also had numerous bad experiences with churches, but you know? It doesn't matter. Satan likes to use bitterness against these situations to render Christians useless to God.

Don't let yourself be pulled down by the wrong decisions of others. Where you see consistency is lacking, instill it in your life. If love is absent, determine to give it yourself. Do you desire to see kindness? Go out of your own way to share it. Where you want to see change in the world, be it, 33AD!

We still serve the God of Moses who parted the sea, the God of Abraham who multiplied his seed, the God of Joshua who collapsed the walls of Jericho, the God of the Pentecost who came down upon his disciples in his Holy Spirit. "..our God is a consuming fire...(Heb.12:29)" I challenged you to be consumed with Him. It seems evident that is your heart's desire. Don't allow yourself to succomb to the complacency that so many American Christians have fallen into. Keep your passion and desire to serve God.

6. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

OOOoooo for me most social club Xians ARE baptist. wow, what a difference, eh?

7. Catalyst

Catalyst New Member

Nice post ianmo