1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

once saved always saved

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by ckm49er, May 3, 2005.

1. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

I was just wondering if you believe that if you are saved you are saved forever... i have heard both and im not really sure. Where is this mentioned in the Bible... well i should say is it mentioned.

2. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

I guess i should be more specific... like if you are a Christian but you "drift away" from God... is my question understandable?

3. God'sMusicGirl07

God'sMusicGirl07 New Member

I believe in once saved always saved. I can not remember where the verse is but I will post it later.
    We all "drift away" sometimes, but if we had to continually worry about whether we were saved or not, where is the hope and security that is taught in the Bible?
    And who sets the standards to when you have sinned enough to lose your salvation? According to the Bible all sins are equal.

4. woodyR

woodyR New Member

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have EVERLASTING life.

5. Dannyboy

Dannyboy New Member

I believe Once Saved Always Saved.
    I like to look at John 10:28-29

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Those verses are so comforting to me. Other verses speak of eternal life, life everlasting, etc.
    We are sinners saved by grace.
    I hope this helps helps you with the answer you are searching for.

6. God'sMusicGirl07

God'sMusicGirl07 New Member

Dannyboy that was the verse I was thinking about this morning.

7. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

yea that helps alot thanks Dannyboy