1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured One strike against Calvinists--Need to balance GRACE & Truth

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by evangelist6589, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That is exactly what happened to me when I got saved. I know many others too that have also been thru it.
    And now after 20 something yrs and going thru 3 church splits, I'm having the same confusion. :(

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The old saying goes, when you find the perfect church join it, and then it won't be perfect anymore. :smilewinkgrin:

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats ok by me.....anyway they all suck. What ya have to descern is how badly and if its worth the effort. After all ive been through with them and everything ive been seeing....the answer is no.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    3 church splits....now what in heavens name could they have split over I wonder!

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Keep in mind when you speak of Christian churches it is Jesus Christ who has organized those churches and He has children in each one and He has purpose for each one.

I've been were you are emotionally, for two years I stayed out of churches and I planned to create my own church, one that would be perfect in doctrine, as I seen perfect of course. But God literally stopped me in my tracks, humbled me, and I began anew, ironically back in the very church I had walked out of after 5 years. God called me back into that fellowship, of course with an adjusted attitude for churches and for my brethren. Pray you find God's perfect path for yourself and family, stay open minded and be sure you are in step with the Master teacher and His plan for your life. Just remember this, God's plan for us 9 times out of 10 is not what we had in mind, yet it is where God knows we will excel and bare fruit in and for His kingdom.

Blessings!

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry...I give up. When I move I will make sure I move to a place that has a Primative Baptist or Old Regular church.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are on the path God ordained for you, for His purposes. pray for God to reveal the works He has purposed for you to do as you seek His will, careful not to let your will create an unnecessary detour, such as happened to the Israelites and they had to wonder in the desert for 40 years.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steve....listen, I really quit. Since He is the provider, then let him provide. I don't care anymore....and if these pathetic excuses are the best he can come up with.....Noooooooo......ive experienced much better in my past life. Its just so freaking disappointing.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or, as Groucho Marx was said:"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member." (a very light smile)

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exit stage right....so long.

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quitting really won't work with God, I think deep down you know this. God will bring you into your kingdom purpose. God's churches are full of good Christians, you will never ever find a church nor create a church full of perfect Christians. As far as doctrine goes, these non-essential issues have been with us from the beginning of Christianity, yet Jesus' church rolls on!

About 8 years ago I had to make a decision, was I going to sit aside over non-essential differences and waste the gifts God has given me , or was I going to accept the fact that these issues have been with us for centuries and there was no way I was going to somehow come along and change that now. Good Christians can have theological differences! Let's focus on preaching Jesus Christ and making disciples of Jesus Christ. In the end TULIP theology nor Arminian theology will matter one iota. We will all take our place at the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Blessings!

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This can be frustrating is you are pressed into these feminine run dead churches that they want you to belong to. Honestly dont see any masculine energy going on in these places. Even my wife agrees with that assessment. Her commentary after visiting these churches is ....."Bring out your Dead" ...... LOL & she is right. so I will pass. My new assessment is to ask the pastor to go out for a beer! Im going to enjoy hearing the responses from these .....and I will use this expression liberally, "Guys."

anyway....would love to hear back from Amy!

And here is a bonus.....my favorite comedian (Billy Connolly Tells Just About the Funniest Story Ever). If you dont laugh at this, i feel sorry for you! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHfllwAUdIM

#52 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does the above square with your comments on 6/15/10 :

"I will stick with my corner neighborhood local Regular Independent Baptist Church where the Bible is taught."

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While that isn't any of your business I will share this with you. MyEX-local Regular Independent Baptist Church pastor took occasion one day during a Saturday morning bible study to ask me why I believed in Doctrines of Grace....after all its not what we do around here, I was told. Apparently he teaches a gospel different from the one I see in scripture. One that apparently is Arminian, Pre-Trib & Dispy. Everything that I am not & apparently I am perceived as being different from that particular churches norm. Ahhh, thats for starters......would you like me to embellish on other issues that eventually arose?

Now you can draw the conclusion that my proclivities for a systematic theology & Millennial stance is secondary, as does Steaver, but if it was sooooo darn secondary, why was I being chided for holding them & encouraged to not hold them? I guess I'm a BAD BAD BAD guy. Maybe even a unsaved reprobate, brought into the church to split them. But I still wonder why none of the guys who attended those Saturday meetings ended up staying with that particular church......all gone.....what could it be I wonder?

#54 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ah oh......double post!

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh BTW...... just spoke to the pastor I visited with yesterday & I asked him if he likes beer & he does. He even indicated that he brews his own. I could get to like this guy. :laugh:

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.