1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oneness doctrine

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jedi Knight, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

No sir! God is One in Divine Essence who has shown Himself to us in Three co-equal, co-eternal but distinct Persons.

2. The Word

The Word New Member

The Bible can't speak, hear, see, smell, taste or touch but God can while he's using the flesh of man. If you don't listen to the spirit who speaks through a man, you will never know the truth.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but you fail to show what person means in the New Testament. The Greek word this is translated as person was persona did not mean three persons as meant in English. Meaning is lost in the translation.

Persona meant:

Thus God showed himself in three roles, but there is only one God. You have to consider the meaning of the Greek word when looking at this question.

4. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Obviously you have no use for the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God. You obviously do not care what it says as you openly contradict it by your unconfirmed words. Here is what the Holy Spirit confirmed Word says about people like you who come spouting out such nonsense:

Isa. 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

1 Jn. 4:1 ¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world......5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
    6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

The pronoun "us" refers to those in 1 John 1:1-3 that lived with, saw, handled and were commissioned by Him and who provided the New Testament scriptures. I will take their word over yours any day of the week.

5. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

The scriptures attribute the same characteristics of distinct and individual "personality" to each member of the Godhead that are attributed to human beings and angels that distinguish them as "persons."

The human being can exist apart from his body without ceasing to possess the characteristics of personality. Angels exist without physical bodies and possess the charcteristics of personality.

The Son possesses INDIVIDUAL characteristics of personality. The Father possesses INDIVIDUAL characteristics of Personality. The Holy Spirit possesses INDIVIDUAL characteristics of Personality.

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Persona, three roles or masks, one God. Three manifestations, but one God. God has shown himself to us in three ways, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

7. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You are certainly free to beleive what you like but don't dare attempt to substantitate your nonsense by God's Word because you will end up being embarassed.

8. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Each member of the Godhead is INDIVIDUALIZED with characteristics common to human beings defined as "persons." Individual and distinct intellectual, emotional and volitional consciousness. Each refer to the other in terms of distinct indivdiuality and yet inseparability in regard to attributes that make God to be God.

Based on your argument you have no right to use the term "person" to describe yourself as the very same attributes that would qualify you to be called a "person" are the very same attributes that identify each member of the Godhead.

9. The Word

The Word New Member

The son and the Father are only names to describe the Holy One, our Lord God Almighty.

Deuteronomy 6
    4: "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD;
    5: and you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.

Isaiah 44
    6: Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.24: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth -- Who was with me? --

Isaiah 45
    5: I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I gird you, though you do not know me,
    6: that men may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other.
    7: I form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe, I am the LORD, who do all these things.
    8: "Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the skies rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation may sprout forth, and let it cause righteousness to spring up also; I the LORD have created it.

Isaiah 40
    28: Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary, his understanding is unsearchable.

Isaiah 41
    13: For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I will help you."
    14: Fear not, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel! I will help you, says the LORD; your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.

Revelation 3
    7: "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: `The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one shall shut, who shuts and no one opens.
    8: "`I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut; I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

The Word was created as light energy to empower the thoughts of God. We are not separated in any form but we are the voice of God and the Word is revealed in the flesh of Jesus and us saints and spoke through the flesh of the prophets. This means God was using our flesh to speak through but there's only one God and always has been. Not three-in-one.

#29 The Word, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
  10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

How do you explain God the Son praying to God the Father?

11. The Word

The Word New Member

You need to have the truth to understand who God is. You can't use your own interpretations to find the truth.

12. The Word

The Word New Member

When you use a literal interpretation of the scriptures, you will never understand the truth.

13. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

"Thy word is truth" - Jn. 17:17

14. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Where is that rule of interpretation given in scripture?

15. The Word

The Word New Member

That doesn't mean the Bible is the Word. Nowhere in the scriptures does it say the Bible is the Word of God.

The Word was created in the beginning. Read John 1.

All the prophets, Jesus and us saints were conformed to the image of Christ, which is the Word.

I Colossians 1:
    15: He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;
    16: for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities -- all things were created through him and for him.
    17: He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    18: He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent.
    19: For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

John 1
    1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2: He was in the beginning with God;
    3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
    4: In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
    5: The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Romans 8:
    28: We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose.
    29: For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren.
    30: And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.

Ephesians 1:
    3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
    4: even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.
    5: He destined us in love to be his sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

16. The Word

The Word New Member

Only us saints and Jesus can understand the scriptures and prophesies. That's the reason I'm telling you that a literal interpretation will not give you the truth.

17. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Isa. 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

When source of authority did Jesus repeatedly use when answering any questions about God's will? Check it out!

18. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

How do you know you are a saint rather than deceived?

19. The Word

The Word New Member

You have no authority to be using any words that were written or spoken by God.

The only Word that exists is the one I was created as with Jesus, the prophets and the other saints. We are the power of God and speak for him.

20. The Word

The Word New Member

God chose all his saints, prophets and Jesus before creation while he was making plans. He revealed himself to me on Dec. 8, 1979, while I was still a drunk. I had no idea who God, Jesus, or Holy Spirit was but his power was overwhelming and I knew instantly he was the creator. This started a long journet to becoming a sinless saint and I had no decisions to make. It was all done by God.