1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Online Denominational Research

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by rlvaughn, Oct 11, 2003.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a thread in the "Other Religions" forum, we talked a little (and argued at lot!) about information from the World Christian Encyclopedia: A Comparative Survey of Churches and Religions in the Modern World (David Barrett, George T. Kurian, Todd M. Johnson (Editors), Oxford University Press, 2001, 1730 pp.).

I want to paste a link to some of that information that is available online at:

World Christian Database

The site can be searched; data can be formatted and sorted, etc. This is a research tool some of you will like.

2. jhickman

jhickman Member

I've gone to the link, but everything asks for a username and password, and there isn't a link to register. How do I register to use the database? Thanks.

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know; it wasn't like that yesterday when I used it. Now everything asks for a username and password. Try the "contact us" link at the bottom and e-mail someone. Looks like they may have gone to paid subcriptions to access certain data.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I typed in "baptist" under word search and was taken to 1,333 posssible sites (without the need for a password or user name [​IMG] :rolleyes:

5. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    right under the search bar is this little tidbit...

perhaps this is why some have access to the info w/o the need for a password and some need it...but this is just MHO

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG]