1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oriental - is it a four-letter word?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am of Italian heritage and for the sake of politeness, I won't tell you the various monikers by which I was called when in the military.

I wonder if all the slur or unacceptable ethnic names for those of European descent will get on his list as well.

Hey, why stop there. Why not make a "New Speak" racial slur/unacceptable ethnic names to PC conversion list for all of us to memorize.

Hmm, what would I be called?

Oh I have it - an "American".

Pretty novel huh?

HankD

2. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF I CROSS THE LINE ON WHAT I'M ABOUT TO SAY, I'LL APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE.

I have always found the two racials slurs I hear for white people to be silly. I have never been offended by the words "cracker" or "honky". To me, a cracker is something you eat & honky is short for the country term honkytonk. Whoever came up with those names didn't put a lot of thought into them.

The one thing I don't like about them though is the lack of respect that some people give you when they use those terms. Its not that I find it offensive, but its fact that you are being disrespected.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes, it should be renames "Asian American Gardens". :tonofbricks:

This reminds, me, I'll be attending a social gathering next week, which is an African American tie dress code. It will be at a German resturant. It was going to be renamed to a Gerperson restaurant. But since that has the word "son" in it, it will be known as a Gerpersibling restaurant.

#23 Johnv, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
  4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then that is going to offend the Castillians who will claim they are being discriminated against.
    They're not South Americans or Central Americans or Mexicans.
    Those are the Latinos.

Castillians are true Hispanics.
    From Spain.

Man, I don't know anymore what's going on in this country.
    Used to be that life was much more simple.

Are the people of New York paying their governor top dollar to figure out language problems and make it more complicated ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.