1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Orthodox Christians

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Anastasia, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Brother Michael Wrenn...

Here are some excellant scriptures regarding the wonderful truth if eternal security. I have included a link for much more.

God bless.

http://bible.org/seriespage/assurance-eternal-security

2. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

Blindness, I've never seen someone try so hard to twist the bible to give themselves assurance of salvation. A child could see the truth of those verses I mentioned above, but your need for comfort overides the truth.

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Really, then why can't a mature person like you even attempt to provide a contextual based interpretation for John 6:37-40 that will make sense for a child to understand it?

Reducing this discussion to insults does not help your inability to deal with the evidence placed before you. It might make you feel superior but it will not help your cause IF that is all you can muster as a reasonable response!

4. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

I already did. And why can't you do the same for the verses I provided?

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Now you are not telling the truth and it is easy to show you are fibbing! Please present the contextual explanation of John 6:37-40 that you claim that you "already did"?

6. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

Post 268

"Exactly, to God there are no ifs, but unfortunately you are not God so there are ifs for you. From Gods perspective His sheep are those whom at the end of their race will have chosen Him by living the way He has asked them too. These obedient are His and no man can take them from Him. This is all from Gods view not mans. It proves nothing about the point you are making. From mans perspective we are command to be obedient. "

You might as well take all the verses about predestination and use them to prove eternal security.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This thread is well over its limit and needs to be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.