1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Osteen theology is easy/ don't worry about details

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

2. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Yet he is one of todays' most listened to, and read preachers. I wouldn't let Mitt's mormanism stop me from voting for him if I thought he would be a good president. His other issues are enough to stop me. America listens to these joksters because they are looking for the "prosperity" they teach.

As a Brother on this board says' "prosperity prank". Told you I would remember that one TCGreek.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

He is about as good of preacher as Mitt Romney would be President. Not worth the electricity to air the message.

4. Allan

Allan Active Member

I think even that is to respectful a thing to accredit him with regard to the *stuff* he serves in his messages.

5. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Yea, I don't classify him as a Preacher.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Osteen theology is just being able to tell a good story and not confront anyone. I have seen many like him that tell a good possum story where the possum lost his mother and was all alone with no one to go to, hungry and crying. Sometimes I hear rejoicing to no end when someone tells a good possum story, and the church totally silent when a doctrine preacher gets up. If you want popularity, then never disagree with anyone. If you want truth, then stand on it, no matter if your own family disagrees with you.

There are more of them it seems today than doctrine preachers.

BBob,

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Brother Bob----you are so right here----see??? It was Jesus' doctrine that ended with a cross---they didn't crucify Him because of His miracles---they crucified Him because of His preaching doctrine

If you preach like Jesus preached----you are inviting yourself to a crucifixion!!!!

8. Allan

Allan Active Member

Been there, done that, and am not allow to preach in those churches again.

Funny thing, I even told the pastor what I would be preaching on and he ok'd it.

Here are what the sermons were about:
    1 Hell - It's real
    2 Salvation - repentance and faith
    3. Believers responsiblity to proclaim the gospel
    4. Holiness

9. tonyhipps

tonyhipps New Member

The problem that I have with Joel Olsteen is that he's not even Saved, but carries the largest congregation in America. He's taking thousands to Hell with him if not hundreds of thousands.

Watch this video clip from when he was on the Larry King show. He said that it wasn't necessary to except Jesus Christ as your personal savior in order to be Saved.

VIDEO

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have no use for Joel Olsteen, but the fact is, you have no idea if he is saved or not. You are not God, and cannot see his heart, unless of course you have acquired some gift that has not manifested itself before now.

#10 saturneptune, Dec 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2007
  11. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I just viewed a few video clips on YouTube and Joel Osteen is not preaching the true gospel. He's clearly a populace pleaser.

12. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Clearly . . . .

And his church is full. Wide is the gate . . .

So sad.

13. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

BTW, he's got that smile going for him.

When a man is in print as saying, he doesn't believe in preaching against sin, that man is dangerous---I'm talking about Joel Osteen.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

TC, I am in no way defending the man. All I am saying is we walk on dangerous ground when we claim to know the eternal destiny of another.

15. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Saturneptune,

I understand what you are saying. I got you. :thumbs:

16. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the link. I think he had a chance to hit a home run for the gospel, and at best, he bunted. He had a great chance to tell millions of people that without Christ you'll never make it to heaven, and he didn't.

Yeah, i agree that only God know for sure, but if someone doesn't claim faith in Jesus, if they don't have the Son, they will not make it to heaven, no matter how sincere they are. Your faith is only as good as the object it is placed in. If it isn't Jesus, it isn't any good.

17. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

It really is a "feel good" message, isn't it? Where is the Cross? What does He make of the suffering of Christ? Does that have any redemptive meaning for him?

It is really painful to see how much acclaim this man gets, when authentic Christian doctrine is just not there. The rule of thumb seems to be not to offend anyone; but some of us are offended by the lack of offense!

18. PK

PK New Member

19. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

He has been gifted with such a platform and people are flocking to him and these people need Jesus! What they get is light and mirrors.

20. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sis, I'm not to sure they're getting a whole lot of Light, if-ya-know-what-I-mean.