1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Our budget crisis in "real" terms

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I agree that there needs to be some serious cuts to at least ward off a default right now, but I believe it will happen no matter what is done. That being said the politicians are not willing to do what it takes. They want everyone else to pay for their criminal miss-handlings.

I wrote my representatives this and hope others will follow up.
    I told them that the current money problems need to be fixed. However it was not the American public that got us in this mess. It was Washington, but because of the severity of this problem we the people would be willing to deal with some serious cuts, but they the politicians need to do the same.
    First, every politician in Washington including the president take a 25% pay cut across the board. Second they do away with their lavish health care system and go on an 80/20 plan where they pay 50% of the premiums for themselves and if they want family coverage they pay for 100% of that. Next they do away with their lavish retirement system and put themselves on Social Security and make it illigal to collect on more then one government reitrement plan at a time. I mean why not then that way there would be no conflict in interest when they make cuts to the SS plan. if they do this then we can follow them in their cuts and be part of the sacrifices.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Why should the govt be smarter than the voters?

>The Federal government would earn $50,000 a year in tax revenue (the same as the average US household).

>It would be $325,000 in debt.

Counting mortgages, credit cards, and car payments about the same as the median family with 50K gross income.

>It would pay almost $10,000 a year in interest on that debt.

I suspect about the same as a family with a mortgage, credit card balance, and car payments.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

WHY do you all continually argue about SS going broke but NEVER about the U. S. Army going broke. Don't all US treasury funds (checks, payments) ultimately come from the same pot?

4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I advocate the Reagan solution for issues like this. Give fair notice, then begin the process of replacement.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're wasting your time. They know what's they've been doing and they'll laugh at your simple mindedness and ignorance.

6. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Yes, but, it's all we've got...

And, he who fails to avail himself of a voice he has will soon have no voice at all!!!!

I, too, just this morning sent all three of my reps the following letter:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.