1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pants On Ladies..Conviction or Preference???

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Gregory Perry Sr., Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Succinctly said! :thumbsup:

2. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said, bapmom. :thumbs:

So maybe we need three categories: preference, standard, conviction.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How would that work in Scotland with kilts?

4. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why should we care? [​IMG] Ask a Scot! (Kidding.)

Have to run. It's translation day.

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

If a man is living in Scotland it might be appropriate to wear a kilt then....if they are also modest. (Im not in Scotland, and don't know all that much about modern day kilts)

The cultural aspect of it ends at the point where the garment is actually immodest. The culture of some tribes is just a loincloth on men...well that's violating the principle of modesty, so it would not be appropriate.

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very well thank you. Any well bred Scot can tell the difference between a kilt and a tartan skirt. It's in the pleating.

7. bapmom

bapmom New Member

so what's a tartan skirt?

Im Irish and German, so I say "bairn" and salute funny, but I don't know what a tartan skirt is. :tongue3: :smilewinkgrin:

8. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Bible times, men wore skirts:

:D

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Can you believe we have at least three threads running on a topic like women in trousers??

Since it is being discussed in a couple of other threads, and since I moderate this forum, I am requesting that further discussion take place on one of those other threads.

10. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As was already posted earlier in this thread, many folks seem to forget what Bro Gibbs (via John of Japan for this thread....BTW JofJ, R U coming to the SoftheL conference in July? Lord willing, I hope to attend at least some of it since I only live some 30 miles from da Boro.) ANYWAY, this is what bothers me about subjects such as this. I find that some Brothers (& Sisters) seem to just yank out a verse or two and use it as a hobbyhorse to "divide & conquer." I'm not saying that there's no place for us to discuss things on which there is some disagreeable ideas, but must we be so disagreeable ourselves in presenting MY absolute & infallible & It's MY way or the highway for you hairy ticks who dare to point out that I'm not so infallible as I say I am!!! (Pounding MY pulpit!!)?? Maybe we might not always see black eye to black eye on some secondary issues, but remember that BB is often monitored by not only babes in Christ, but also the REAL opponents to MAJOR doctrines (e.g., Jesus is the ONLY Savior, etc.)!! If we're saved, then we're in the same family. As a rather young lad, I still recall some pretty knock-down drag-outs I had with my older brother, but as we two grew older, we "Put away childish things," & now we fellowship together as brothers should....(Even though "He's still off on some things":D:Frown:Redface:Thumbsdown!!) . I'm thankful for our BB monitors who have to endure some of these not-so-thinly-veiled-accusations I've seen on BB being hurled at one another.....They're far beyond my pay grade!! BOTTOM LINE: Let's not so disagreeable on secondary things. If the Holy Spirit were sitting next to us when we cut loose on BB over minor issues, would we post much of what we do? Guess what........He is!

11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread from 2007 is closed. Start another if you want to continue on the topic.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.