1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Party Spirit still rages...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ReformedBaptist, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I received this in reply to my desire to find somone in the area attend a conference with me at a Presbyterian church I received the above reply. This represents what is worst in denominationalism. It is an offense to Christ, lacks any Catholicity, and grounds itself in pure ignorance.

[​IMG]

Hopefully for most, our Christian love for our brethren crosses all denominational lines.

#1 ReformedBaptist, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
  2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In one of his books, Steve Brown addresses this dilemma quite well.

A butchered quote:
    "When we, all Christians, black, white, yellow, brown, red, male, female, Pres., Bap., Cath., etc., etc., He will look at us and say, 'Y'all all got it wrong. Some more than others, and some a lot. But that's what Jesus did on the cross - took care of all that. WELCOME HOME!!!!' "

MARANATHA!!!

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was the theme of the conference?

4. ReformedBaptist

The Sacraments. hmmm...not sure if I want to get a steady diet of peadobaptism myself..but it would still be interesting, at least to understand their views. Yeah..I am still going.

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

What else but the Presbyterian view of calvinism, that's all they know. Just ask them what it means to be saved by grace and then ask them how so many resisted what they call irrestible grace.

I have no problem with anyone saved or being saved, but I do have a problem with those who claim to be Baptist and are actually Presbyterian posting in an all Baptist forum. I also have a problem with those who are so puffed up in their ideals they can call others names as if they are somehow closer to God than others.

Are there those here who think we should be associated with the RCC? maybe they all should attend mass this week.:laugh:

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I hadn't realized God called you to judge my ignorance or lack thereof. I apologize for making such a drastic mistake, but would you like to have more opportunity to judge it further?

Seems you'd be ignorant enough to attend something you know the ones holding the conference adhere to a false doctrine. But maybe the Baptist doctrines aren't good enough and you NEED other "doctrines'" to stay "balanced"?:laugh:

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

My reply had nothing to do with the Baptist Brider position. Thanks for adding to my reply and making such a rude and outlandish judgement.

8. ReformedBaptist

1. You need to humble yourself before God.
    2. Your in danger of maligning your brethren in Christ and even to the point of hating them.
    3. If your accusing me of being Presbyterian I demand that you provide evidence of this. If not, I EXPECT you to retract your accusation. I can't see anything your statement other than it is directed at me.
    4. Your comparison of the Presbyterian Church to the Roman Catholic church is reprehensible and ignorant.

#8 ReformedBaptist, Aug 21, 2008
  9. ReformedBaptist

Furthermore, if you post to public forum expect a reply...even if it is a rebuke.

#9 ReformedBaptist, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
  10. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Why are Catholics showing up in this discussion? Are we talking about the False Prophet and the One World Religion?

11. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Pot: "Your're black!"

Kettle: "No, you're the one that's black!"

Pot: "Not true! I know you're black!"

Kettle: "Not ture! I know you're the one that's black!"

Pot: "Here's my 'color chart.' Look at it! This is black, and this is what you are!"

Kettle: "I've got a 'color chart', too. You look at it! See, you're the one that's black!"

'Pot: "Well, okay, I may be a little black, but - so what?? You're blacker than me!"

Kettle: "I may be a little bit black as well, but you're still the one that is the blac...."

Ed

P.S. Oh yeah! Y'all have a great party in the spirit of things, too. :rolleyes:

#11 EdSutton, Aug 21, 2008
  12. ReformedBaptist

You should lay off the pot my friend.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=22574aff07e028de52a9

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

"Like I can dig it, bro.!"

So I probably should burn it, now.

[​IMG]

:D

Ed

#13 EdSutton, Aug 21, 2008
  14. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea what you are talking about in this quote, seeing as how my post is # 2, and your first one is #5.

Also I have no idea what "Baptist Brider" is!

15. rdwhite

rdwhite New Member

Its a whole new level of Baptist Pride and Arrogance. Only pure and true Baptists (and they define the terms) will be the Bride of Christ.

16. ReformedBaptist

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????

17. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WOW!!!

Where did this come from?

Thanks for the definition.

I really am glad that I miss all this "extra-biblical" tripe that is generated by the liberalization of His word!!

MARANATHA!!!

18. rdwhite

rdwhite New Member

If interested, you can research Landmarkism, Landmark Baptist, and Baptist Missionary Association. I have not encountered them on the east coast, but up around North Texas/Oklahoma they are fairly prevalent. I think they originally split out of the ABA churches.

19. ReformedBaptist

I have never heard of such a thing.

I also wanted to say to salamander and the board, I should have been more gracious in my reply. I do think a correction to the idea in the OP is warranted, but I should have used language that expressed more grace and mercy.

Sorry about that. :tear:

RB

20. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baptist Briders believe only the absolutely orthodox (which would be Baptists, of course) will be the Bride and enjoy that relationship with Christ, although other Christians will be saved and receive eternal life as "guests" at the wedding.

Baptist Briders are a tiny minority of Baptists in general and of Landmark Baptists in particular.