1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Passion Plays anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Apr 7, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I just witnessed the most amazing Passion Play today in Collegedale Tenn.

Anyone else seen a great passion play depicting the sacrifice of Christ for our sins this weekend?

In Christ,

Bob

2. Dustin

Dustin New Member

I went to see a local Catholic church do the stations of the cross at a Catholic cemetary last year. It was neat to hear the priest speaking the Scriptures in Latin. They had horses and those funny looking helmets for the Roman soldiers and everything. It was weird, as we were following along from station to station, I thought, "We're gawking at this guy on the cross just like they did at Jesus all that time ago." It gave me some perspective. Wasn't too keen on all the Catholics kneeling when the girl playing Mary was holding the guy playing Jesus, but all in all is was pretty cool.

No passion plays this year, at least outdoors, it's been cold and sleeting all day. But I think the United Methodist church down the road has been having them, everytime we pass it, the parking lot is full of cars.

Soli Deo Gloria,
    Dustin

#2 Dustin, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Makes me wonder how often the people in Jerusalem were "speaking latin" on Palm Sunday, on good Friday, on Resurrection Sunday -

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, the Romans who were there would have been. But, yes, the rest would have been speaking Aramaic.