1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastoral extended family

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by SaggyWoman, Nov 18, 2008.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

As a pastor or staff member, do you have parents living with you or in nursing homes? What about adult children living with you?

Who pastors you and your family in times of need?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent question.

My wife often says she never realized that by marrying me, "I would be her pastor" for the rest of her life!!

Glad she loves her pastor!

I have a couple of elders (laymen who are ministering in the body with their gifts) to whom I can talk and find sweet fellowship and counsel.

My parents are both dead; my wife's mother (81) lives next door to our clinic (Teresa rents the building from her mother - we pay all utilities, upkeep, etc for the house and the office building) and care for her.

My family (growing up as a kid) ALWAYS had relatives living with us. Just the way it was during WWII and Korea days. It was HARD for my Dad and he made me promise that when his time came we would NEVER take him into our home, but just put him in a care facility. Thankfully, he was diagnosed and died within a week, so no issue.