1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

patience in a fast society

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by chipsgirl, Jan 20, 2005.

1. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Something I am learning is how to have patience with every aspect of my life. This is also something I am teaching to my youth. This is hard for them since everything in today's world is so fast paced. I know there are lots of scripture out there on the matter so it makes for a good lesson. What are some scriptures you like regarding patience?
    I like this one:
    Psalm 37:34 Wait for the LORD, and keep to his way, and he will exalt you to possess the land; you will look on the destruction of the wicked.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Just remember, "fastpaced" is relative. God never gives us more than we can handle [​IMG]

3. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Psalm 40:1-3.

"I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD."

Isaiah 40:31

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of my FAVORITE verses is "Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD."