1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PDL Now

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by tinytim, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

My dog loved it!!! It was the most comfortable liner he ever had in his box :)He got a lot out of it, and left a lot in it:-O

2. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Our former church did this whole PDL program thing and it CHANGED the church NOT for the better.

We finally had to leave along with many other solid Christians who were not willing to compromise the message.

The church became a Social Club of sorts.

Rolling Eyes

Then, (taken from the Purpose Driven Church book) the Pastor started requiring the new members and old, to take these "classes" named them 101,201,301,401 all taken from the church model presenred in the book.

At the end of each class...you were asked to sign a "covenent" ...I will go get some info on it and post it here.

Anyway- there were many changes taking place quickly and the focus of the church turned to "peoples needs' and self-focused material etc.

It is sad indeed.
    graced

ok- here is a link to an article about church membership covenants. The details of the covenants are in this article just a little way down.Smile
    http://www.newswithviews.com/PaulProctor/proctor3.htm
    taken from a post on another Baptist forum found here: original post

At the church I myself went to back in 2004, they were doing the Purpose Driven Life thing. My first disappointment was that they were selling the books in the church, right in the main foyer (did not Jesus overturn the merchants tables in the temple?). The course for me turned out to be the same as with graced. The church is now more of a social club than a house of God. PDL may teach people to better themselves and to be more giving and such, but for the wrong reasons. I am afraid that many are going to end up just as lost as they were when they went through the doors seeking Christ.

3. eloidalmanutha

eloidalmanutha New Member

My dog loved it!!! It was the most comfortable liner he ever had in his box :)He got a lot out of it, and left a lot in it:-O </font>[/QUOTE]I put mine to good use and let my little ones have it - they loved tearing the pages out - very purpose driven and at such a young age :eek:

4. Diggin in da Word

After going through the 40 days and seeing the the church I was in become more of a social club and bookstore, I think I would have done better to stop at page 3 like sfiC and thrown it in the fireplace, lined a dogbed like boanerges did, or even let kids tear out the pages like eloidalmanutha allowed his to.

God has a purpose for His children, but it is not found by doing the 40 day PDL. God has His own time schedule and it does not fit in a book that is so full of errors like the PDL.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Our church recently finished it. I led a small group during the 40 days. It is a good devotional tool in discipleship, and is not intended to present a false doctrine or replace the Bible. All of the morons who say it's self help psycho babble must have never gotten past the first part..."It's not about me!" I feel sorry for the likes of boanerges and eloidalamanutha as they will have to answer to God someday for thier making fun of another brother's work. [​IMG] For being a "baptist board", there is so many ungodly posts on here it is sickening.

7. bjonson

bjonson New Member

webdog,

Wow. You have quite a harsh tone about you. If you are unable to discern the dangers of Rick Warren's ecumenical version of the gospel, then I will pray that you will one day understand. I don't call Warren an anti-Christ or heretic; I think he has good motives. However, I will do exactly what the Word of God says we are to do - I will compare everything he teaches and does to the scriptures. That is our responsibility.

You need to relax and consider Ephesians 4:29 and following...

8. Diggin in da Word

To call someone morons because of their stand on the Bible and against false doctrines sure is not Christ-like. I'll pray for ya, webdog.

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

***Moderator Note***

I am moving this thread to the forum titled All Other Discussions"----where comments can be made as per tinytim's request---but where debate over the issue of whether PDL is "right or wrong" will not be allowed.

Bro. David,Moderator