1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Perfect Roast Beef

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Cathode, Apr 27, 2023.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a lot of work to build an 11,000 gallon cistern. Built it during the drought of 88' for about $5ooo with alot of help from family and friends. City water is now availabe but we already live like 'city people' with the cistern, so, no thanks, don't want the monthly bill. Just have to keep the filter clean and divert the inflow as needed. No prob.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea cool, I worked in the water industry both installing water pumps and meters, did this after I retired from the electrical construction industry so I’m interested in this. I wanted to buy a small property in Tennessee that could provide me my interests, like raising chickens, goats, horses etc but my wife couldn’t do it because of health issues so I content myself with some backyard chickens & my boxer dog & my vegetable garden. I had to fight this town in court because the city folks wanted to prevent me from having them but now there are several neighbors who have them also. Anytime I can grow my own food, use rain water, give a abandoned dog a loving home is a plus. Ahh, just rambling but thanks for filling me in with the cistern story, does my heart good knowing that people in America still exercise their freedom’s.