1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peroutka bombed on Medved

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by church mouse guy, Aug 24, 2004.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I find it hard to believe we cant find streaming audio of Medved somewhere. If this went well for Peroutka, we'd find it all over the place on the CP site or one of the CP folks on here would have a link up in seconds [​IMG]

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

On the other hand Tom, if it went so poorly why aren't the Bush and/or Kerry supporters rushing to find streaming audio or type to show how horrible Peroutka did? [​IMG]
    I'm really quite ready to simply write myself in come voting time. :eek:
    Gina

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Actually the other 16 interviews that Peroutka has done this month went GREAT and I havent seen any links to any audio clips "all over the place on the CP site". His interview with Joseph Farah went so well that Farah said he would be having him back again next month, and again in September.

After his interview on C-SPAN I got quite a few emails from people that saw him, and wanted to join the party here in Florida.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think Bush is concerned about Peroutka. Last time the Constitution Party only got 98,000 votes nationwide. That is about 2,000 votes per state. Kerry would not want to harm Peroutka; the Democrats are hoping that Peroutka will harm Bush. That's politics. Medved's website wants to sell the tape for a little less than $15. Then you would have to add shipping and handling.

Actually, the interview sounded a lot like the debate here on the Baptist Board. On the question of abortion, Peroutka came out with the line that you read here, and Medved compared Bush's record with Clinton's and spoke of the Hyde Amendment. Clearly the Democrats totally support Roe v. Wade per their platform.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

$ 15 for one interview? You gotta be kidding me.

NetPub, you're making my point. These so-called 16 great interviews this month, and the links to articles by anyone who says anything positive about the CP or Peroutka are legion. Besides, don't Kerry and Bush do about 16 interviews a day [​IMG]

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

If there were audio archives I would give you links, but their aren't, not even for the "big time shows" like Medved apparently. [​IMG]

Bush and Kerry do alot of stuff on their campaigns with the $75 million in taxypayers money, that Peroutka can't afford to do. ;)

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "$ 15 for one interview? You gotta be kidding me."

TomVols, you surprise me. It is called free enterprise. Medved is trying to make a living. He is not a non-profit and he does not appear on government-funded--make that taxpayers-funded--public radio. I am not even sure that you can get tapes of most radio shows. Mostly, Medved has history tapes for sale on the USA and Israel.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I suprise you for thinking that's a bit pricey for one interview? That makes me a liberal? That means I have to stop being a conservative? Are you kidding me [​IMG] Stop shooting someone on your side in this.

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never even intended to imply the L word. Yeah, it is a little expensive.

10. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Sure. Medved is on the money train just like Limbaugh and Hannity. There is BIG money in GOP politics.

11. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

CMG seems to be the only one here who heard this interview, I don't even think Medved is on the radio here in the Orlando, FL area. I found a commentary from Betty Freauf, who also heard the interview, here is what she had to say about it:

On 8/27/2004 on my local radio station, Michael opened up his program, an encore, with the usual, "Another great day in this greatest nation on God's green earth. This is such a great nation that there are many great people who want to run for President of the United States. You all know about the current President whose name is George Walker Bush. You all know about his challenger, John Forbes Kerry, and if you listen to this show regularly, you also heard one of the fringe candidates from the "loser"tarian party (Libertarian Party)" and then he introduced Michael Anthony Peroutka from the Constitution Party - an attorney in Maryland and a family man.

From his opening salvo about the "loser" tarian party, I knew that Peroutka was in for one tough interview. The first question by Medved was about how many states would have the Constitution Party on the their ballots? Peroutka said they expected 41 and explained that with the two-party system in control of rules governing third parties, third parties were at a great disadvantage so 41 states and a number of candidates running for public office was impressive under the circumstances. He mentioned Utah and Oregon with a fairly large showing.

But that didn't satisfy pompous twit Medved who went on to make fun of Peroutka's predecessor, the founder of the Constitution Party, Howard Phillips, who Medved said only got 1/2 of 1% on the national vote in 1992, 1996 and 2000 when he ran and on at least two other occasions referred to it over and over again as a PATHETIC showing.

Medved seemed perplexed. He simply could not understand why the Constitution Party would keep running, running and running and not be able to accomplish more than 98,000 votes.

Medved forgets that it's taken more than 200 years for our great Republic that our Founders gave us to deteriorate to the extent it has especially since the turn of the 20th century and like a big ship with a tiny rudder unable to turn around on a dime, neither will third parties turn America around in one or two elections but does that mean they shouldn't keep on trying? If not third party candidates, then who? If not now, when? After all, Rome wasn't built in a day. Although abortion has not been stopped since the 1973 Roe -vs- Wade Supreme Court decision making it legal, the pro-life movement continues to make steady gains.

Peroutka told Medved his line of thinking is what they call "Preemptive Concession" meaning Medved is agreeing before the game starts that the other team is going to have more points at the end of the game so why play? He quoted John Quincy Adams who once said, "Duty is ours, and results are Gods."

SOURCE

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

This is a dubious source, who also claims that Chambers of Commerce are fronts for the United Nations.

Besides, if Peroutka can't handle Medved, how do you think he'll handle the likes of Helen Thomas, CNN, and Katie Couric?

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Conservatives and liberals will buy anything that tickles their ears. That's why Al Franken and Ann Coulter are best sellers. I'm sure you CPers haven't bought anything relative to Peroutka [​IMG]

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The lady described the facts correctly if you can subtract her commentary. However, she glossed over Peroutka's losses and did not report them. To be brief, she omitted a great deal of what happened.

I think the Constitution Party has made a mistake in taking the Taxpayers Party and changing it to say that now Peroutka is godly and should be given a pass because he is godly.

Peroutka is no John Quincy Adams. Instead he is a small time lawyer with no political experience. As you say, TomVols, if he can't shrug off Medved, how can he handle the difficult cases? How will he handle the President of France?

15. Pennsylvania Jim

Too bad a self-proclaimed "conservative" felt that he needed to trash the only candidate who promotes what he claims to believe. I said "claims".

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pennsylvania Galatian, Medved is a Jew so all of your loud songs and dances about how Christian Peroutka is would not impress Medved--just as it does not impress anyone else. Peroutka could not answer any questions, lost his temper, and showed little knowledge of the Founding Fathers. No one--who likes animals--wants a man like Peroutka for dog catcher.

17. Pennsylvania Jim

Christianity certainly does not seem to impress you.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Pennsylvania Galatian. You are too nice, though. I guess all of us who are outside of the CP should be happy that 98,000 of you are there to do us in first chance you get.

By the way, I saw you demonstrating for Kerry in New York on television.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Get a grip, cmg. You are making outrageous statements toward your brothers in Christ by slandering their character with absolutely no basis in fact.

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Okay....Jim, you went over the line in attacking CMG. CMG, you have went over the line by being a little less than mature. Will a moderator who has the ability close this puppy down? We've been going in circles for days now.