1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peroutka's Response to the Washington Post

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JGrubbs, Sep 4, 2004.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Clarifications From the Constitution Party

Saturday, September 4, 2004; Page A29

A few clarifications to the story about my Constitution Party presidential candidacy [Metro, Aug. 16]:

(1) My answer to questions about my not having "a chance" is that I believe in God's providence, not "chance."

(2) I have never claimed that President Bush "lied" about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

(3) The "spiritual battle" I speak of is mentioned in Ephesians 6:12.

(4) I have told no audiences that my candidacy is divinely inspired, though we are honoring God in our campaign.

(5) That my candidacy would be attacked by the Southern Poverty Law Center is no surprise considering that these preachers of "tolerance" have always fiercely attacked Christians who believe what our Christian founders believed.

(6) Your paper's headline said that I am attracting "fringe support." The Constitution Party's position regarding law and government is a historic and truly American one. If this puts me on the "fringe" with our Founders, so be it. I'm in good company.

-- Michael Anthony Peroutka

SOURCE

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peroutka did not respond to this paragraph in The Washington Post, a left-wing rag:

"Party leaders overlooked a trail of personal problems unearthed this year by the Baltimore City Paper, which included being stopped in the early 1990s on suspicion of driving under the influence -- he was not convicted -- and a painful split with his wife's two teenage daughters from a previous marriage. The couple lost custody of the girls to the state."

Click here for Candidate in 'Spiritual Battle' Presidential Drive Attracks Fringe Support, Much Scrutiny

3. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Wow, suspicion of DWI, acquitted, and a split with his stepchildren.

If that's the most that you and the Washington Post can come up with, he's pretty clean.

It could be a lot worse. He could have had a cocaine addiction and his kids could have been arrested for underage drinknig a few times. You'd enthusiasticaly support someone who fits that description, wouldn't you?

You should be ashamed of yourself; of course you won't be.

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I find it simply amazing that the Bushbots rely on that one piece from the liberal Baltimore City Paper to try to smear Peroutka, I guess they can't attack him on the conservative issues he stands for.

BTW, CMG, thanks for bringing the Medved interview to my attention, I found the audio of the interview and agree with 90% of the callers to the show, Peroutka didn't bomb, but handled him self well with Medved, who had an agenda before Peroutka ever said his first word. I had never heard of Medved before, and now that I have heard the interview, I have no interest in hearing him again. He is arrogant, and didn't really care to hear Peroutka's answers, or even let him answer.

I'm glad the audio of the interview is available so people don't have to take your word for it that "Peroutka bombed". I'm sure any principled voter who hears the interview will side with Peroutka over Medved.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't you link it?

Medved is a major figure for a long time. He is a Jewish movie critic who recently added talk radio to his work.

Where Peroutka went wrong is that he was unable to give a short answer to a question. Having lived out West, I think a short answer is more masculine.

Peroutka also had extreme difficulty with two questions. First, he could not or would not answer how he planned to undo what has happened in Massachusetts with same-sex marriage.

Secondly, Peroutka was unable to answer Medved, who is an expert on American history which Peroutka is not, on the fact that the ability to declare war rests with the Congress but the ability to wage war rests with the executive in the Constitution, as shown by the actions of Washington, Adams, and Jefferson.

Peroutka missed his chance. Instead of going on and forgetting it, Peroutka took a poke at Medved the next day.

No wonder Jews are moving to the GOP!

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I sent all those who requested it on the closed thread a link to the audio. I don't want to start the "argument" back up. I heard the interview, I don't think he bombed, but handled himself very well. I think Medved had no intentions of listening to any of Peroutka answers, and continually cut him off, and also cut off all of the callers that supported Peroutka. Medved showed his listenters his agenda, and as I said, any principled voters will side with Peroutka in the interview.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I prefer substantive answers over thirty second soundbites. Real men give real answers.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See you guys want a love fest of happy talk. That is what you tolerate on the board. You have paid advertising here so you evidently own this Politics section. He who pays the piper calls the tune, huh?

And now you say that you don't like the way cowboys like the late Mike Mansfield give pithy short answers. Maybe you should go out West where the men are men and the women are glad of it. It is a terrible death to be talked to death (especially by Peroutka, who is not mainstream).

Peroutka thought that a Jewish Republican like Medved should be in awe of him because Peroutka is so Godly, etc., which is what one of the callers said about Peroutka--he is so Godly!

Let's face it: the GOP is glad to be rid of the isolationist far right at a cost of less than 98,000 votes or one-tenth of one percent of the total American vote and the isolationist far right has said that they never want to return to the GOP. So the divorce is mutual. Besides Peroutka is no Bob Taft.

Please give us the link to the audio again. I want to hear the victory speech by Medved again. Thanks!

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't need the link, cmg. I want to hear what other people who have heard the interview have to say about it, not your continued nonsensical rants.

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Church mouse guy.... the political adv. on this page and some others is displayed freely by Webmaster who pays ALL THE BILLS, privately owns this board and can display the banners of this and any group he chooses to support.

I'm a Republican but can't afford to pay to put Republican ads on this page or I would.

Diane

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have just finished listening to the Mr. Medved interview of Mr. Peroutka. Here's my take:

1)Mr. Medved stated his agreement with the Constitution Party's platform. I guess that church mouse guy disagrees with Mr. Medved on that.

2)Mr. Medved called the goals of the Constitution Party noble. I guess that church mouse guy disagrees with Mr. Medved on that.

3)I never heard Mr. Peroutka act like a elementary school kid on the playground like Mr. Medved did. Mr. Medved needs to grow up intellectually.

4)Mr. Medved doesn't think that we are being invaded by illegal aliens on our border with Mexico. Mr. Medved needs to learn to deal with the reality of our unsecured borders and the potential terrorists that are crossing them.

5)67% of Mr. Medved's callers were on Mr. Peroutka's side. Mr. Medved needs to understand his audience better.

6)Mr. Medved admitted that he was disrespectful toward Mr. Peroutka. Mr. Medved needs to learn how to deal respectfully with those who disagree with him. By the way, Mr. Medved's own words prove that the following statement by church mouse guy in another thread is false: "Medved was very polite to Michael Anthony Peroutka". Church mouse guy needs to stop allowing his presuppositions to distort his view of reality.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken, what are you talking about? I said Medved was polite to MAP, and you quoted how he praised the platform and called it noble. I pointed out that he also said that it was well-written. How much politer does he have to be?

Medved is much more intellectual than Peroutka, who is simply an accounting lawyer or something. Medved is an expert on the entertainment industry as well as American history. Medved is tough-minded and tender-hearted; the CP is tender-minded and tough-hearted. It is the CP who are consistently anti-intellectual. The typical CP debate goes something like your ancestors were pigs and Peroutka is Godly.

What Medved actually said is that Peroutka's choice of the word "invasion" was poor because that word is reserved for military actions.

About the callers, Medved invites opposition callers and that is the basis of his show. So of course, Medved took Peroutka callers. Medved is a nice guy! Peroutka's supporters called in and said that Peroutka is a Godly man--what does that prove?

Peroutka had no answer for how he was going to stop same-sex marriage or refused to give an answer. Peroutka had to be quiet when Medved pointed out that Peroutka's calling the war illegal was false because the President has the authority to wage war and always has had since Washington, Adams, and Jefferson.

Mr. Peroutka is wasting a lot of money on his vanity run for the White House. If he gets one-tenth of one percent of the total American vote, or about two thousand votes per state, he will be very lucky. We have auditoriums in Indiana high schools that will hold two thousand people. Peroutka got off the radio program and complained about his treatment. That is when he proved that he is a sore loser. Let's face it, the CP wants to smash the GOP, and the GOP does not need the CP to win or to govern. The GOP is not an isolationist party and is not a far right-wing party.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    cmg,

Mr. Medved admitted he was being disrespectful toward Mr. Peroutka. Mr. Medved started off okay for the first few minutes of his little radio program and then he started getting snotty and more snotty as the program went on. That is a pretty good indication as to how intellectually bankrupt he is.

He only took six calls during an hour long program which probably indicates how tiny his audience is. In baseball terms, Mr. Medved is at best a AA radio talk show host, far from being in the major leagues.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That true, cmg, since it has liberals like you and Guiliani and Schwarzenegger in it.

15. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Yeah, gotta keep those pesky Christians from raining on the GOP parade.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't flatter yourself. You are no more raining on the GOP parade than the others like you who demonstrated in New York City during the convention.

As for the idea that Michael Medved is a minor leaguer, that is funny. Medved is a rising star. He has long experience on television and in public as the best movie critic in the country. He wrote a major book about Hollywood versus America, what is wrong in the entertainment industry. And he knows about everyone and everything in the entertainment industry. Also, Medved is an expert on American history, and really defeated Peroutka for all time on the issue that the President has the power to wage war. Peroutka still has not even mustered a word against Medved. It is Peroutka who can't cope and who complains endlessly about people's not treating him as king.

Medved has published many tapes on American history and they are excellent if you can afford them!

Now Medved has a talk show on radio that is daily gaining audience. He has a long experience in politics, also, having been a congressional staffer when young. He is an exciting person. He is taking a Jewish-Christian tour to Israel at the end of this year. He knows all things Jewish also. It is exciting people like Medved who have helped to bring so many other Jews into the GOP for the first time since 1928. Not only that but Medved calls the USA the greatest nation on God's green earth. Here is a Jew who loves America. He is married and has children. You can see that God has blessed Jews above everyone else when you listen to Medved and see what God has done for him.

Winner take all! Medved won!

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Boy, if this were the theology forum, I'd tee off on you :D

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go ahead. The guy is brilliant. I realize that he is lost, but other than that he has it all.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke 9:25 (ESV)
    For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?