1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Personal Accusation Against Seventh Day Adventism

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The chief traits of character of the hypocrite are cowardice and lying.

You Seventh Day Adventists, gave me ‘permission’ – as though I needed the permission of anyone to proclaim the Word of God – to display my Biblestudies alongside your own literature on the display tables in your church-foyers, for anyone to take if he wanted. In not one instance have I not asked; in not one instance have I been refused. In fact, each time have I been assured, “Most welcome, brother; with pleasure; wherever you can fit them in, brother.” In not one instance have I not been lied to, in not one instance not betrayed!
    I turn my back, and within impossible time, there are none left on the table. Have all the booklets been taken? That’s quick! Knowing perfectly myself it’s impossible!
    Ask I the elder, brother X, why have you done this?
    No, you know, there’s such a lot of rubbish going around nowadays we decided all literature distributed must first be approved by the consistory.
    So you ordered the innocent young sister to rather lie to me than confront me or anyone else directly and refuse in his face?
    No answer.
    So brother, the people did not get my booklets, you confiscated them. They were confiscated, brother X!
    No answer.
    I didn’t have the guts to say to him, so give me back my stuff you have stolen. It cost me a lot of money and ten times more effort. I did not have the guts. I didn’t have the guts if ten times then hundred times before! Because I have always trusted before. It slowly though dawned upon me, I must be marked a dangerous man; but no one has told me, ever, Please stop it!
    The last time – Sabbath 17 February – was just too much.
    Arriving at the church, I found no one there, but one brother who returned to the local church to collect some brochures.
    Today is the second Sabbath I find nobody at church; where are the people congregating?
    We have had Pastor YY from America here the past week, and today is the last day before he goes back. We are meeting in ….
    Can you show me the way to the hall, I’ll follow you?
    Sure!
    But while you are doing the literature, I have some pamphlets with me I would like the people to have. I always deal out studies wherever visiting.
    No problem!
    I go to my car, take the two containers, he puts them in his own car, and off we went. We were lucky to find the last two parking lots, near each other. As we proceeded towards the hall, I noticed he only had one of the containers with him. O well, maybe he left the Afrikaans ones behind because the majority of people were English speaking. But the booklets were bundled English and Afrikaans in each box! However, We entered through the foyer and passed the long display table (I should say about seven meters?) and late of course, as Sabbath school began. I went in while the brother arranged the literature onto the table. After Sabbath school as I came out again, expecting to see my booklets there, I was surprised they were nowhere to be seen. They shall reach the people, I decided there and then, and started looking where they were. I found them on a chair covered under the table cloth. I left with them, and pinned them all under the parked cars’ rain-wipers. I noticed a gap left open to the left window of brother YY’s car; wrote him a note of how scared I have become of the Seventh Day Adventists, flicked it inside, and went home.

This is just my own case, and just my experience of the booklets. There are many more such case-scenarios of SDA phobia – fears of haunting Gospel Truths.

The greatest disaster that in the twenty centuries of our era has befallen the Sabbath’s Gospel Truth, has been its captivity under Seventh Day Adventist bondage.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I absolutely hate when someone leaves something under my windshield wipers, we always throw it away without looking at it. We figure if someone is so disrespectful as to invade our private property, we want nothing to do with whatever they leave.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: How is that invading ones ‘private property’ or showing disrespect for it?:confused:

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

because it's our car, not theirs, our personal property. and we don't want them on our car.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Another test case scenario – against which my own incidents with the Seventh Day Adventists seem puny and insignificant – of their fraudulent dealing with the Sabbath, is that of ‘the Spirit of Prophecy’. Now to some of us who care about egg white as much as about EG White it may seem of no more weight than mine own interchanges with them, and less than trivial a matter; but to the SDAs her words are the Words of God next to nobody’s. It is also the Scriptures’ most basic test of the genuineness of a ‘prophet’ – whether his / her words come true or not.

I have before in this forum made mention of the single and only ‘prophecy’ in EG White’s writings wherein she claims the SDA Church will “more fully proclaim the Sabbath”. We don’t hear from her again that her ‘inspired word’ was fulfilled, and haven’t seen it fulfilled since. So with regard to inimically the Sabbath, she proved herself a false prophetess.

Also, despite EG White’s many general warnings and promises and visions and prophecies of ‘greater light’ and even of deeper questioning and critical research after ‘improved knowledge’ and into accepted Seventh Day Adventist doctrine, history has shown but ever increasing resistance to critical or just questioning approach, proving again her to have been a false prophetess and the movement a fraud. The vaguest possibility of ‘light’ that might have appeared through the many years of bitter conflict within the movement, consistently in most impressionable ‘unison of faith’ has in the first flickering been smothered dead!

That is most typical conduct of the hypocrite.

I used to care for two reasons, Because some of my loved ones belonged to the Seventh Day Adventist Church, but mainly because I loved the cause of the Lord’s Day the Sabbath of the LORD your God. But now I don’t even feel to write ‘Seventh Day Adventist church’ with a capital letter, for I find it too difficult to acknowledge them as Church with a capital letter any longer.

I ask the Seventh Day Adventists, Why, if you are so sure you ‘have the light’, why are you too scared to have assault faced in the open? Why should members be so protected against ‘false doctrine’ if you had the True? Is not Truth and Light not overcome by the darkness? Said not Jesus Christ so? No wonder Mrs. White said the only fear ‘we’, should have, is to leave what to you people would be your first love! It’s scary how scared you are. It’s like a magnate’s negative pole to another magnates’s negative pole. You invariably succeed in bringing the worst out of me. I cannot say I love you, not for the life of me, and it’s all because of your so cherished false doctrine it has become indistinguishable from you as a people.

Therefore o God, forgive me if I sin and knowingly for I cannot help; and cannot love where I should!

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE
    Thanks for the contribution. It certainly tells a lot!

And reminds me of a conversation a "total atheist" the other day attempted to find with me, after I was circumstantially forced to listen to his philosophying. (The poor man has been taken up so much with his recent discoveries he lost his job - an enviable position he had - and is in the process of losing his beautiful and virtuous wife too.) In any case, in his speech he like could have been foretold, laid much stress on 'respect for one another'. So when he tried to get conversation from me, I had to dissappoint him, saying, No man, I won't have anything to say to you that may interest you; I'll definitely bore you. All I have is my confession of faith which you wouldn't wan't to hear. And really, I am old enough to by now realise you won't have anything to tell me I might be interested in. But sir, said he, is that not what I have made my point about, about mutual respect?
    Is not my attitude the utter display of disrespect for him, was what the unfortunate young man implied. I thought my heart broke for him, but said nothing more! I would have burst out in tears before him and would not be able to stand it.

#6 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2008
  7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE
    I once saw a movie, where the 'goodie' accidentally scarcely touched the 'baddies' flashy motor car. Boy, did the muscled 'baddie' perform! And were the girls impressed!

8. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Donna,

I've gotten some very good tracts left under my windshield wipers a few times. I just read them, enjoyed them, then put them back in circulation on a table somewhere.

I've also recieved some good coupons on pizzas, etc, under my wipers.

They dont get "on" our cars at all. All you have to do is lean over a little bit and slide them under the wiper. No need to get on the car at all.

(I know...years ago while in college I was delivering pizzas to make money, and we were sometimes dispatched to circulate coupons in this manner.)

Mike

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't know where they put them on your car, but they are ON my car. Under my wiper is ON my car. Where else would they leave them if not ON my car. Otherwise they wouldn't be ON my car would they and there'd be nothing to complain about.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

yes it tells we hate people invading our private space that we own.
    And this means ....what to my statement you quoted.

11. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

GE: Are the two long posts your writings? If not, you need to provide a link or give credit to the author.

Thanks,
    §ue

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They are mine. And do not earn credit in the least. I was so heartsore when I wrote them; and so angry! I just could not help writing and posting them. Because it is impossible to speak to the Seventh Day Adventists; and if you manage, they hear while having no need or desire to hear anything from another or 'outsider' - from 'the world' as they say.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE
    It means, like my attitude because I didn't want to listen to his atheistic arguments was the display of utter disrespect to the atheist, just so, that I put the pamphlets 'on' people's cars, most would not have regarded a disrespectful thing; only perhaps the proud atheist.

#13 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2008
  14. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

GE: Thank you for answering my question, but perhaps when we write in anger...we should cool down and reread before posting?

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I like your post-script!

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

ahh, so because we value our privacy, and do not like our private property invaded, we are atheists.

17. billwald

billwald New Member

Keep your hands and your garbage off my car. Don't litter in my church parking lot.

18. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Why does this remind me of that sign I have heard mention of? It read, “No Trespassing! Violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!” signed, Mothers of Mercy. :smilewinkgrin:

19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE

Thank you, HP; from my heart. thank you! You see what I mean (above)? You see? O God, you tell me what next? One thing I know - it's finished between me and the Seventh Day Adventists Church! I wrote the name in full Ed Sutton, you saw! It's finished!

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You must forgive me for being emotional; that's how my Maker made me. And hear or heed no one on this earth my plea, I believe He does.