1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Plagiarism at Baptist Board

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Lou Martuneac, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Point by point on what ReformedBaptist has just posted

1. Your (sic) not the man's pastor.
    True, he (LouMartuneac) is not the pastor of Free Gracer (and I do know who is the Senior Pastor of Free Gracer's home church, FTR) but what does that have to do with this? The Baptist Board is not a local church, that I recall, but an association of individuals who have joined together for each of their own reasons.

2. Your (sic) not the one who has been plagairized.
    True again, but 'plagiarism' is in no way dependant on the "plagairee" discovering this, and in most instances, the "offended party" is not the one who makes this call, at all.

3. You did not go to your brother first before exposing him.
    I suggest this is a conclusion, at best. Unless you personally know both Free Gracer and Lou Martuneac, and/or were privy to any conversations they may have had, you cannot possibly know this. Incidentally, both Lou Martuneac and Free Gracer have public 'blog sites' where some of this has been discussed, as it also has been discussed on other copyrighted sites, as well, by various individuals, and which can be easily found.

4. If you are without sins, then you may cast the stones.
    :rolleyes:

5. I still have no impression from you that you have loved your brother in this.
    "Objection, Your Honor! "Calls for a conclusion on the part of the witness, at best!"

"Sustained!" See # 3 above.

Ed

#21 EdSutton, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    The allegation of plagiarism, which the Board does take seriously, has been noted.

There is therefore no reason to keep this thread open.

rsr

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Free Gracer posted the following on another thread in response to Lou's charges:

Dear BB readers,

Lou is right. I used John Niemela without referencing him.

Lou seems to me to be a person who assumes the worst. At a time a while back, at the very beginning of my blogging, on occasion, I used some blocks of text in my blog posts and comments that came from Zane Hodges and others. I was out there being an advocate of Zane and used him liberally when I posted and wrote comments. I didn't give the references nor did I give him credit, although I always gave him credit for his teaching which had a great influence on my theology. I really did not think much of it.

Anyway, someone whose theology was contrary to mine owned a few books authored by Zane Hodges and made a public fuss about my using Zane without giving him credit. I didn't think of the comment metas on blogs as scholastic papers and didn't find what I did to rise to iniquity. God judge. I was interested in the realm of ideas.

Anyway, I was upset that the comments I was making (the Lion's Share being my own articulations) were bring neglected and I was being demonized for unethical behavior. So I made this apology:

My intentions were not malvevolent nor prideful, but merely to express ideas and issues I hold dear.

Let it be known to you and anyone who really cares:

I have used text from various books and articles of Zane Hodges in my comments around blogdom without crediting them to him. I ask for forgiveness from any and all who have been offended by my lack of discretion. I assure you that this will not happen again.[/quote]

And God as my witness, I have not used Zane or anyone else without giving reference, since that time.

I rarely come on chat boards, doing most of my theology discussing on blogs. But I decided to peruse this one and found this thread about James. I remember posting an entry on this subject the second month that I began blogging, November 2005. So I went to my archives and cut and pasted my post into this discussion thread, totally forgetting that credit went to John Niemela, God as my witness. I posted on this in November of 2005:

http://free-grace.blogspot.com/2005/...riting-to.html

Since receiving Lou's email, I went to my archives and updated that post with the reference to John Niemela.

Dear BB readers, I apologize that the crediting of the material in my post on this thread to John Niemela slipped my attention. I ask for your forgiveness.

I must be more careful in using my very early comments and posts from my blog, so that i can properly reference those whom I use.

Again, I apologize to any and all who may have been offended with my inadvertant neglect to include credit to Niemela.

sincerely,

Antonio da Rosa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.