1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Plans Foiled by a Smile

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 22, 2005.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200510\POL20051021b.html

Dems Complain About DeLay's Smiling Mug Shot
    By Susan Jones
    CNSNews.com Senior Editor
    October 21, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - There it is, front and center on the Democratic National Committee's webpage: a full-color mug shot of Rep. Tom DeLay, not bad as mug shots go, with the caption, "DeLay Booked."

The Texas Republican is smiling, dressed in a suit and wearing his House pin. Unlike most mug shots, the photograph being circulated on the Internet does not include written information at the bottom, so it looks more like an ordinary snapshot than a mug shot.

That bothers many of the bloggers on the Democrat's "Kicking A**" website.

Some complained that the official mug shot "doesn't look real -- no ID markings, no booking numbers, etc." Others wanted to see the profile shot.

"I want a copy of the warrent [sic] for the back of a t-shirt and his mug on the front," one Democrat wrote. Others indicated they'd like to wipe the smile off DeLay's face.

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I like his photo! I hope the truth prevails.

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

It really doesn't look like any mug shot I've ever seen - no height-lines. Smiling is not permitted on passport & immigration photos - something to do with digital recognition technology, I think.

I also hope that truth, whatever it is, prevails. However, this being politics, it doesn't seem likely in the near future.

4. raunhawk

raunhawk New Member

If Delay is found not guilty will that be truth for you, or is that just "politics." I have a feeling Democrats will only accept a guilty charge as truth.

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I don't know about the Democrats, but this Liberal would like to know the actual truth.

He's already been charged (twice!) and pled not guilty. A conviction may or may not reflect the truth. Ditto acquittal.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's already been charged (twice!) and pled not guilty. A conviction may or may not reflect the truth. Ditto acquittal. </font>[/QUOTE]You would be entirely correct if he were being tried in California.

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You think Texas is better?

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely!

Texas hasn't gotten around to being a place where jury nullification is the norm.

9. Petrel

Petrel New Member

I assume you're talking about OJ Simpson, but that wasn't jury nullification, that was jury prejudice. Jury nullification is when the jury finds the defendant innocent because they believe the law that he violated was unjust. I don't think any of the jurors in the Simpson's case thought he was innocent because it shouldn't be wrong to murder your wife.