1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please define 'easy believism", as isn't it faith alone in Christ that does save?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Isn't it funny freeatlast, that DHK, who disdains the command to repent these days, because he cannot find it within the Epistles that deal with Christian living, (actually repentance to salvation is in the Epistles, but I'll let him play "pretend") yet fights tooth and nail to uphold an OT mandate that is nowhere found in the NT anywhere?

I mean, what a solid and consistent hermeneutic we have here!!!!!! :wavey:

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

What has it cost you? Discipleship, that is?

#82 quantumfaith, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
  3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What an un-godly, un-Christike post from the "preacher" Unbelievable...

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

i think what those teaching LDS doctrine and my defination of "free grace" is different than what they view as 'easy believism"

My bible teaches that ANY who are saved are done by direct act of the Will of God to apply the Grace of the Cross towards my behalf, that I do NOTHING to receive that blessing, as I am a sinner unable to comre to Christ by myself, so God ordained and brough to pass his grace beaing applied to save me...

Howis THAT view "easy believism?"

5. JesusFan

Apostle Paul stated that he was NOT ashamed of the glory of the Cross of Christ, that is the Gospel...

Are you ashamed than?

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The term "easy believism" implies these people believe something. What is it that they believe? According to most of the posts I'm reading, they really don't "believe" anything. Help me out here?
    Do they believe or don't they?

7. JesusFan

Think how some would define it here is that IF one holds that a person can "make a decision for Christ", yet have no fruit/changed living to reflect they are reborn...

probably were not really saved!

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Ok, so the "easy believers" didn't really believe? Maybe it should be called "easy non-believism". :laugh:

I don't get this subject at all.

9. JesusFan

Think you have to see that some of us are saying "just faith alone" in jesus will save us, while others would say that genuine faith will also produce change in living/produce fruits...

Think BIG difference between these 2 views is that some of us would hold that it might take time to see a definite change in ones life once saved, others that it should be noticed as evident "immediatly"...

10. quantumfaith

Yes, I think it was out of place. I am not sure I understand all the semantic details in this "Lordship" discussion and dialogue. I don't think anyone here dismisses that when we become a member of the household of faith, our hearts desire should be to make and allow Christ to be the LORD overall all of us, a lifelong journey of surrendering everything we have, things we know and things we don't, to the service, worship and glory of God.

11. quantumfaith

JF

I understand what you are saying, and for the most part agree with you. What about those people who come to a saving relationship with Christ upon their deathbed? Is this even possible?

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Easy believism" can be characterized as: "say this prayer, and you'll be saved." In effect, people put faith in the prayer, rather than faith in Christ. Some folks here, I have to admit, put this in the correct perspective that this makes salvation a work that we accomplish (saying a prayer).

In other words, "easy believism" can be anything that places our faith in something other than Christ's work on the cross.

Hope that helps.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No one on this board that I know of believes what is "easy believism." It is a slanderous pejorative that some use of those who don't believe in LS theology.

14. quantumfaith

That is by and large correct, this term "easy believism" is bantered around by many as a means of criticism for not being in line with the major proponents of LS.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thief on the cross....saved under LS? Seems with your hands and feet nailed to boards the "easy" thing is to believe on the One hanging in the middle.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thief on the cross....saved under LS? Seems with your hands and feet nailed to boards the "easy" thing is to believe on the One hanging in the middle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.