1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please Note:

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Mar 3, 2024.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been banning a LOT of bots lately. About 20 or so this week counting the ones that have identical IP's to other bots.

The BB has procedures in place that if it LOOKS like a bot - it automatically goes into moderation. That means it takes a moderator to open it up for public view. So, normally, you won't see them.

These bots I've been auto-banning are obvious. A rare few - not so much.

I'm posting this to say - just in case one slips by the BB's net of protection and gets on the open board and you see it - DO NOT click on the links. Do not even open the post. There could be some serious malware there that could harm your computer.

Thanks.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do they look like?

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have ridiculous screen names. For example and I'm making this one up - sherzecatyy. And the links are gibberish. They look like someone's lengthy password.

But sometimes they "look" normal. If you see a "new" person with links in their first post - report it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mow them down Scarlet & thanks for the heads up:Thumbsup

• Like Like x 3
  5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I get it. It’s very surprising and distressing to see things posted by some folks.

I will simply ask you to take some time to think it over. The best advice I ever got was to never make very important decisions when I was upset.

You are appreciated here. You are an important voice here. You are respected here by many, many, many people. Please don’t let the distressing few (I hope it’s few) be the deciding factor.

As with everyone else, I pray God bless your efforts to bless others.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1