1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please Pray

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Martin, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi folks!

It has been a while since I have been on Baptistboard due to a very busy work schedule (etc). However a situation has arisen about which I want to bring in as much prayer as possible.

My mom has been diagnosed with lung cancer. They have to do tests this coming week to determine type, stage, etc, but it does not look good. At this time she is feeling fine other than sinus problems. Anyway, the oncologist said it is inoperable and they are looking for possible spread. The doctor is very good (I researched him) and I'm sure she will get the best care possible. But we all know human care can only go so far.

Please pray that God will give everyone peace. At this time she is dealing with it better than everyone else. She is talking about seeing her parents again (etc). But it is getting the best of me. Please pray that God will perform a miracle and that if He choses not to that He will give me, and the rest of the family, the strength to deal with this.

She is a believer. Still I'm going to have my pastor talk with her "just to be sure".

Please pray!

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Hello Martin! Praying for your mom and you now! Bitsy

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Martin - That's such a scary diagnosis. I will be praying for strength and wisdom for all of you during this time and if God will allow, healing for you mom.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Dear Heavenly Father, we bring before You a brother Martin, his mother and family!
    We pray for Your will and help them to all lean upon You during this trying time! Please give the doctors the needed wisdom and knowledge to help Martin's mother. We pray that she is truly a believer! Give the minister the right words for her and the family! We know that You can perform a miracle, may it be a healing for the mother and for her children. In Your precious name we are asking for Your will, Jesus, Amen.:praying::1_grouphug:

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

In my prayers...

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Just checking on you Martin. Still praying.

7. kraftyhorselover

kraftyhorselover New Member

I'm praying for you!

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Update

Update.

Hello everyone and thanks for your prayers.

The tests showed that the lung cancer is spread much more than originally thought. However up to a week ago she had little to no symptoms. Mom developed a cough about a week ago and now she is very sore thanks to all the coughing.

She starts chemo on Monday (round 1: Mon, Tues, Wed) and then there will be a two/three week break before round 2, then another break before more scans (etc) are done. The oncologist is suppose to be one of the best in southeastern North Carolina. He is confident that chemo will, at the very least, control the cancer and enable her to live a active life. He is, of course, hopeful that remission will occur. The type of lung cancer she has usually responds well and quickly to chemo treatment. So we are certainly praying that this holds true.

I just ask that everyone pray that God will control the cough and enable the chemo to do its job. Also pray for me and step-father as we are living in the house and with it everyday. We are both on nerve medication but the coughing is scary and the pain it is causing her is troubling. We are trying to be confident and we have faith in the Lord that things will get better. However we both know things could get worse before they get better.

My pastor, church, and Sunday School class have been really helpful (praying, etc). I know we all lose our parents at some point, but I'm just not ready (maybe that is selfish).

Thanks again.

9. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Continue to pray for you and your mom.