1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Plugging The Levee

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Here's some information to provide some prespective into what's actually being done to try to get the levees plugged around New Orleans.

Let's give these guys some credit for doing a lot of hard work under adverse conditions.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Hmm, I wonder how quickly flood waters would be stopped in DC in case of a Cat4 hurricance hitting the city and flooding the known flood plain on which the city is built. Do you think it would take four days?

I place NO blame on the courageous workers, none. The blame goes higher up.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Indeed they deserve it Dragoon.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

There are no Bush Haters on this Christian Forum! There are no Bush Haters on this Christian Forum! There are no Bush Haters on this Christian Forum! Is 3 times enough Mr. moderator or must I do more? I am getting better. [​IMG]

5. OldRegular

By the way DC is not below sea level just in case you have been out of the country too long. :D

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Is that four days to pump it dry or four days to flood it?

Don't make me start using those "media" words!

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depends on how good a plan they have in effect and how good the people are that implement it It also depends on how much of the surrounding area was destroyed or flooded.

It could very well take 4 days to get the National Guard on the ground if they had to come from hundreds of miles away and all the airports in the DC area were flooded.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

There are no Bush Haters on this Christian Forum! There are no Bush Haters on this Christian Forum! There are no Bush Haters on this Christian Forum! Is 3 times enough Mr. moderator or must I do more? I am getting better. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]You still don't understand how it is possible to be critical without hatred, do you?

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Depends on how good a plan they have in effect and how good the people are that implement it It also depends on how much of the surrounding area was destroyed or flooded.

It could very well take 4 days to get the National Guard on the ground if they had to come from hundreds of miles away and all the airports in the DC area were flooded.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You really think it would take four days to get the National Guard to DC? I realise it is above sea level, but it is still reclaimed swamp land which flooded regularly until the land was built up in the early 19th century. A Cat4 storm would have a huge affect of DC.

10. OldRegular

There are no Bush Haters on this Christian Forum! There are no Bush Haters on this Christian Forum! There are no Bush Haters on this Christian Forum! Is 3 times enough Mr. moderator or must I do more? I am getting better. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]You still don't understand how it is possible to be critical without hatred, do you? </font>[/QUOTE]All I did was 3 penances and ask a question. Must I do more?
    [​IMG]

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

The just need about a million of those big sand bags dropped all over the city ...

but, I doubt that would be approved