1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Police brutality ???

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. mandym

mandym New Member

It sounds to me like she is right that it was political. If that is the case this was a tragic mis-justice.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'd be interested in seeing the evidence that they used to convict her.

Although I will say that if a person is committing a crime on top of a crime, I have issues with the officer being charged with anything. On the other hand, I'm so sick of crime and drugs everywhere I turn that I also wouldn't have a problem if they started just shooting anyone caught in the act and charging their estate for the cost of the bullet and disposal of the body.

So maybe I'm not the right person to give an opinion.

I wake up every morning to hearing about bodies found, someone shot, someone stabbed, murder-suicides, the human trafficking of our children, teachers molesting and raping their students, drug deals gone bad, every morning in this city there's just more of the same.

I strongly feel that 99% of crime would be stopped cold if the criminals knew there was a high probability of being shot on the spot.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

If it was me being accused and I knew I was innocent and it was a one on one situation I would take a lie box text.

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too Many Folks Today Have No Respect ...

... for the police. When I was growing up, I knew that when a cop told me to do such-and-such, I did it without an argument, defiance or rhetorical questions.

When it came to jail/prison, I knew it was a place I never wanted to go to, so I did my best to be a good citizen.

The problem with today's society is they have no respect for law enforcement. They would rather challenge authority than relinquish their freedom (be it momentarily at the most) to the directives of law enforcement who are only trying to do their job in protecting the public. Then they cry and file law suits when they get the worse of their defiance.

I'm certainly not going to do something that would cause the cop to draw down on me and "blow me up!" Nor am I going to force them to mace me or beat me with their hard night stick!

It is called respect, and yes, when confronted (innocent or not) it involves a little of common sense and fear!

The same can be said in regard to prison. Too many don't think they'll get caught and end up there so they have no respect for their neighbor's rights and property. Then they cry, when they are stuffed into overcrowded jails and prisons with a ton of others who have no respect for other's property of lives and thought they'd NEVER get caught.

I'm afraid we are seeing the down side of a once great nation, in a world that has already hit bottom and are just waiting for America to join them.

How sad....

6. billwald

billwald New Member

In King County, WA, jail is nicer than home for many inmates.