1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Police officer helps woman who lost more than 200 pounds finish 10K race

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asia Ford decided to run a 10K as part of her personal journey to get healthy. Her last steps inspired people in a way she never imagined.

Ford, who has lost more than 200 pounds in two years, was running the race in Louisville, Kentucky, on Saturday when she began to struggle and have trouble breathing after Mile 5. When paramedics checked on her, she told them that she wasn't stopping.

Police Lt. Aubrey Gregory, who was standing nearby, decided to help.

"I said, I'm not going to let her stop. We're going to do this together," Gregory told NBC affiliate WAVE3. "So I got out and I grabbed her hand. I had to meet this inspirational woman."

"He was like my angel," Ford told the NBC affiliate. "He came at the moment I really needed him."

http://www.today.com/news/inspirational-photo-shows-police-officer-helping-woman-finish-10k-t10556