1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: As of Right Now Will President Obama be Re-Elected

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by preachinjesus, Feb 4, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Just remember, we are EARLY IN the primary season. This is normal for this time of the cycle.

Also remember, the national press is making a BIG DEAL out of the arguments of the Republicans while they are hardly saying anything about Obama. The less they say about him, the higher his poll numbers raise, for it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Obama and the press are playing that out well...

Once there is a single candidate and the debate turns to Obama himself, the poll data will turn with it. Always does, unless the President is a real stand-up guy (and we haven't had one of those since Reagan).

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I cannot allow the media puppets persuade me to vote against God's Word. I have a personal judgment I must attend and I will stand or fall according to the word of God which has been given unto me. I am confident that a 3rd party vote from me will not bring me under condemnation.

Remember that Obama is President because God wanted Obama to be President. God has a way of bringing things to be through the sinful acts of man. Even though many Christians will yoke themselves together with the ungodly such as Obama, God will always have a remnant which stands alone with God and does not run after the will of the flesh. Those who yoke up with the ungodly will have their own day in God's court.

Now, if everyone who called themselves a Christian would vote according to the word of God we wouldn't have any pro-abortion Presidents residing over our country. But unfortunately, we have to many carnal minded men and women who put things like money over human life. it is a sad affair indeed.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You stated that your standard is that the candidate should be a believer. Neither Santorum or Paul (to my knowledge) has ever made a profession of faith.

Not being yoked -wow - if thats the case you should move to a country who has a born-again believer as the guy in charge.
    Clinton claimed to be born again. Carter professed the Lord - but I certainly disagreed with their platforms.

So Seaver, to be consistent; you would be required to have a born again employer, a born again landlord, a born agian...

Interesting, though far out - I have started another thread.

and now back to our regular scheduled debate on Obama will re-elected in November.

4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Obama is President because a LOT of Christian people abstained from voting because they (falsely) believed that McCain was = to Obama. Today, after almost 4 years of Obama's Marxist re-arranging of America we know better.

Again, a vote for anyone else IS a vote to retain Obama and those who do it know it.

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would never vote for someone who just "claimed" to be a Christian, their record would need to uphold their claim. And remember, God put Clinton and Carter in power. We only need worry about our own judgment day.

This could certainly apply, some discernment and personal prayer would need to take place. We just want to be careful not to take the scripture lightly or not at all which seems to be the case here with most.

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, maybe in your eyes, but thank God it is Jesus who will be my judge and I believe He will understand there is a difference.

7. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Depends IF the Republican nominee decides to focus ONLY upon the president record, not gettin into others things, and IF he portreys Conservation fiscal/social views...

IF its just another Mccain "rhino" republican act, than doomed to 4 more years!

Polls at this time mean NOTHING. as Micheal D, was about 25 points ahead of first president Bush, but Bush still won!

8. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

One of the things that should give Republicans comfort is the DNC was in this same place back in 1994 when a young upstart Governor Clinton burst onto the scene and crafted a message that resounded with the rabble who end up deciding these things.

The problem is Romney doesn't seem able to articulate anything except that he is über-wealthy and disconnected from those he seeks to lead.

I'm not shy about it at all...the RNC is messing this up completely. President Obama will win it in a walk.

9. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Romney is not yet running against Obama. Realize that and breath.

10. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But he's the nominee for the Republicans. We're talking reality here. :)

11. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

That would seem to be the case, but he is STILL not (yet) running against Obama. He is running against Gingrich, Santorum, and Paul right now. Have to keep that in mind.

He is not going to come out with his strategy against Obama until it is time, though to be fair, Romney has taken on Obama more than the other candidates to date.

Oh, and I am STILL not arguing FOR Romney as my choice. It seems that we will end up there and yes, I will hold my nose and support him because we have no other hope, but he is the choice of liberals, not me.

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The RNC wanted Romney, the liberal media wanted Romney and the DNC wanted Romney.

And for unexplained reason Ann Coulter wanted Romney. Well, Romney is probably what we will get and that means 4 more years of this nightmare Obama has us in.