1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Popcorn and soda at THE PASSION

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by vaspers, Feb 25, 2004.

?
  1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Did you munch on popcorn, candy, hot dogs, drink soda, etc, while watching THE PASSION?

Most will realize my opinion on this.

Let's hear yours.

Vote on four questions about snacking at THE PASSION, only if you actually went to see it at movie theater.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I can' find no biblical ban on consuming food and drink while watching a movie, be it a secular-themed one or a raligious-themed one.

3. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Thanks Johnv, but this is first poll I ever did, and you jumped on it too fast, I was revising it while you arrived. Appreciate yr comment tho.

Appreciate your votes on the 4 questions if you will do me the honor. Your opinion is interesting to me, as always.

4. BrianT

BrianT New Member

For crying out loud - this question not only needs to be on every "Passion" thread on the site, but also now warrants its own thread? I don't mind popcorn, it's the repetitive arrogant self-righteous spam that makes me sick.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I can't vote, because I wn't see the movie until Saturday. I'll vote then.

But, as far as movies in general, of course I'll have popcorn. Having butter by itself is kinda messy.

6. onestand

onestand New Member

I don't believe it's actually wrong to snack at this movie, if your able to do so go for it. Reduce the movie to entertainment by eating?? Please!!! That's just a nonesense question.

Joan

7. vaspers

vaspers New Member

I repent of my multiple posts, and hope moderator removes them.

That's why I came over here and worked up this here voting machine device, bro.

Sorry about the "spam" postings. Didn't mean to offend, upset, or do any other obnoxious thing.

Johnv--you gave me my first chuckle of the day. And today is my birthday, believe it or not. thanks for the gift of laughter. I needed it.

[​IMG]

8. BrianT

BrianT New Member

"Didn't mean to offend, upset, or do any other obnoxious thing"??? Save it for the humor forum. :rolleyes:

9. vaspers

vaspers New Member

wow, I can't even apolgize now.

Brian T, let's laugh together.

I'm am so far from perfect, and I am nothing without Christ.

10. BrianT

BrianT New Member

I'm just tired of seeing every thread on the subject being obsessively dominated by someone *who hasn't even seen the movie* and who vaults veiled insults at every opportunity. Really, it gets very old, very quickly. You're not convincing anyone, you're just ticking them off.

Do yourself a favor: see the film and then your comments will carry much more weight.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Put another wrinkle in your birthday suit!
    Your birthday suit, your birthday suit!
    Put another wrinkle in your birthday suit!
    You're another year older today!

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Per request I removed (hopefully) all 5 of the offending posts.

Oh, and Happy Birthday! [​IMG]

13. David Mark

David Mark New Member

That is the best part of this thread. Learning that Vaspers birthday is today.

Happy birthday Vaspers!

Dave

14. onestand

onestand New Member

Johnv....HAHAHAHAHA I've never heard that before, how cute...VASPERS...Happy Birthday!

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe for this movie popcorn and soda should be replaced by unleavened bread and Mogen David.

17. vaspers

vaspers New Member

Thanks Johnv, my worthy debate opponent. You is cool. Very funny about wrinkles. Never heard that one before. Thanks onestand, David Mark.

Thanks Dr. Bob, I don't know how you put up me and my strongheadedness. You've got way more patience than I have sir. You is cool too.

18. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I went to see it today. I was given a bottomless popcorn. I ate it. My "date" got kind of bothered. But heck, I would eat popcorn at church in the service if I didn't have to go to Big house.

19. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

I can't believe it Saggy, you took the words right out of my ----keyboard! Most have a snack bar, coffee shop, disco mirror ball and of course the ever enchanting, ever convenient money machine right there in the foyer of their churches! Ha! Sippin' Mocha shakes or Java tea while the little preach tip-toes through the light fantastic every Sunday morning is a normal operation of our current Soldiers for Christ. Mel-boy would be right in the groove with all the hoopla and JOTS! Blood is shocking when it is not preached from the pulpit and glossed over for last Sunday's edition of Doctor Deep's motivational message. America is sure to have revival now that we have this opportunity to see this flick. I can just see it "Barbie and Jesus at the beach". Maybe Mr. Warren and Mr. Mel can get together and write the next book, "A purpose driven trip to the movies to buy your popcorn and Jesus action Figure". It would make all the sinners feel right at "home".
    Thanks -----Bart
    I just don't know how the Lord made it this far without the help of Theatrics, Psychiatrists and bank debt.

20. shawna w

shawna w New Member

NEVER EVER in my life was I so moved by a movie. When I got there I got a soda and a "medium popcorn" which puts most heart patients into a coma) but I didn't get 5 minutes into the actual movie that I put my popcorn down and I didn't touch my drink until I picked it up to throw it away. This movie was so...real.. to me that it hit me home in my spiritual walk and my day to day life. I left silent and in tears.

§hawna