1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Portland Trail Blazers - thank you for participating

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Can you believe it - what a snakebitten franchise. Its the Curse of MJ - they drafted Sam bowie instead - you all know the rest.

Portland will be in line for the #1 pick again, but it will be three years at least befoe Oden really makes an impact. He will be out this year, the next will be his "rookie" year then he may be able to do some damage. hopefully he will be ok - Stoudamire and Kidd seem to be ok - but he will never be what he could have been.

At least he is doing this while he is young

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I don't know if I'd go this far. He's still young. Both Kidd and Stoudamire have been excellent since their surgery, but the counterbalance is Chris Webber, who hasn't been the player after surgery that he was before.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I don't think I would go this far either. Don't forget that they already have a pretty good young core of players in Roy, Aldridge, etc.

It is definitely too bad to hear this news though. I wonder if Portland is now wishing they had taken Durant.