1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Position on Abortion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by alatide, Sep 24, 2009.

?
  1. Obama supporter - Yes, I support abortion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Obama supporter - No, I do not support abortion.

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Against Obama - Yes, I support abortion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Against Obama - No, I do not support abortion.

28 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. alatide

alatide New Member

After going through 5 Republican administrations that did little or nothing to stop abortion why would a sane person assume that they would this time? This is like Charley Brown, Lucy, and the football. Every fall she tricked him into trying a field goal kick whil;e she held the ball and every year she jerked it away at the last second.

The Republicans are playing you guys for a fool in the same way. Why should they do anything about abortion? If they reversed the law they might not get the very gullible Christian Right vote.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your lie has been exposed multiple times. To keep it up only speak about who you are.

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

He is a habitial liar. He comes here under different aliases each time he is banned. Of course, we all know that, he knows that, the question is why doesn't the BB ban this alias right now since it is well known?

4. targus

targus New Member

That would have be someone with a poorly formed conscience.

Shall we also agree then that someone can rob, murder, lie, commit adultry, etc. in good conscience?

5. targus

targus New Member

Ok, we get fooled by the Republicans - shame on them.

You vote for the guys that work tirelessly to increase the number of abortions at every opportunity - just as they promise - so shame on you.

But that would assume that you are capable of feeling shame.

6. alatide

alatide New Member

What about you posing as a minister? I would have never guessed it by the way you treat people that don't agree with you. Does the way you conduct yourself on this board point anyone to Jesus Christ? I always thought that's what ministers did.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and the vast majority of Republican office holders and candidates won't go to bat for constitutional individual and economic freedom and a constituional non-interventionist foreign policy when they are in control as we saw during the 8 years of the Bush administration when most of that time the GOP also controlled both houses of Congress.

Of course, the progressives/liberals are learning the same lesson with the Democrats - that their candidates may talk about reducing the U.S. overseas empire but they they won't go to bat for that, either.

I have learned about voting for major party candidates the past three presidential elections in order for my vote to be "relevant" that doing so isn't really relevant after all. Instead I will vote based solely on my libertarian political principles even if I am the only person who votes for a particular candidate. Phooey on being "relevant".

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Do you mean this Christ:

Those who pose as Christians but support the slaughter of unborn children. That is what we are talking about here and your support of it is disgusting. You supported it with you vote choosing other concerns over children. This should never be under any circumstances.But liberals are to tied up with the Democrat party. You ave placed politics over your faith and children. There is no room to just simply disagree over abortion. The lives of children are at stake. Apparently you do not care.

#28 Revmitchell, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
  9. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Targus... did you even read my entire post? I agreed with your point about it being a poorly formed conscience even BEFORE you said it in this post. What is the reason for your reply when all you're doing is disagreeing with a PORTION of what I said and then using my own words again in your own way to say the exact same thing I've already said?

As to your second point, which is moot, but still a point, yes, there ARE people that can rob, murder, lie, commit adultery etc... in good conscience, why are you even questioning this? We've proved it because of all the abortions going on, sex out of wedlock, our own POTUS (past and present) lying about things without a second thought.

What exactly is your point?

10. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

I admire your zeal, Rev and totally agree with your stance on the matter of abortion. But I would go so far as to say that your unwillingness to even entertain the idea that someone else may be able to accept the idea of abortion as NOT being murder is what's causing us to stub our toe here. The left sees ALL of us conservatives as stubborn and unwilling to enter into any kind of discussion about the issues because we're (read you) continue to simply point at them and say they are evil, even those that abhor abortion but happened to vote for Obama. My arguement about paying taxes is another way of supporting abortion was just dismissed because we are to 'render unto Caesar what is Casesar's' (it's a godly principle to pay our taxes), but there are many ways to get out from paying your taxes, you just refuse to take the needed steps.

The left sees you as a curmudgeonly, bible-thumper that refuses to enter into any type of rational discussion on the matter and that damns you in their eyes. It gives them fodder to use against the entire conservative party. It doesn't matter whether you believe what they are saying is true or not, THEY believe it and THEY love to use people like you as a poster boy to support their point that we just cannot stand on our own.

You can be against something and think it's a horrible sin without lambasting everyone who is mistakenly supporting it. We need to speak to them in a loving manner and draw them closer to Christ. Only THEN will a pro-choice supporter see what they are doing is wrong. If we keep arguing with them the way you do, they'll just continue to harden their hearts and it will just be harder and harder to reach them.

We (Christians) have judged and judged and judged and now we are being judged and we don't like it. That's the message that we're passing on to the liberals right now and they're running to town with it.

11. alatide

alatide New Member

No, actually shame on you for being such a hypocrite. You claim that people who vote for non-republican candidates support abortion but this poll shows that isn't the case. How many baby murders have you supported by keeping Republicans in office with their little scam intact?

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no way the Holy Ghost would let that stand in a Christians heart. No absolute way.Babies are being ripped apart limb by limb. Do you get that? Who in their right mind cannot understand that? Libbies support a President who voted against the born alive act which would protect children who have survived abortion. Instead Obama would leave babies to die in a linen closet uncared for. Do you get that? They come on this board and claim to be Christians but will accept that treatment of other human beings even though they claim not to support abortion, do you get that?

Slaughtering children in the womb is happening right now. Do you get that? Right now. Obama likes it, supports it, and wants the tax payer to fund it! Do you get that?

Neither do I believe they are simply mistaken. They know exactly what it is but do not care. Period And because they find it difficult to defend they lie about their understanding of it. My reaction to abortion is the same as it would be to a man who tried to justify beating women raping children, or slavery. Especially those who claim to be Christians. It is a horrific act that requires the utmost of outrage and immediate action.

#32 Revmitchell, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
  13. rbell

rbell Active Member

You know what I find sad? If a few babies die, and with their death you get to make a political point...I sincerely think you would consider that tradeoff.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where did he say this what post?

15. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

No wonder liberals are offended by us! I'm the most conservative person I know and even I am offended by your presuming to understand where I am coming from on this and by your tone of this post, Rev. Of COURSE I GET IT. Thank you for taking the time to explain what abortion is to me, Rev... I might not ever have been able to really understand what it was all about without your derailing rant of a post. We understand you are against abortion, do you understand that I am against it as well and that I am simply trying to get you to try to see that other people may not agree with you? No. I really don't think you can see that and I really think you'll only respond back by trying to beat me over the head with what your idea of what a christian should think is and how there's no way the Holy Ghost would let a christian act that way or be misled.

...and what should we do about this, Rev? Exactly how far should we go in our war? I am lifting the whole matter up to the Lord daily, asking him to speak to our leaders and to impress upon them the right thing to do, the right path to follow. I'm also trying to engage these misinformed, (most likely lost), souls who support abortion, in a simple dialog, showing them that christians can love individuals and that we care about their souls rather than carrying around a sign that says 'ALL DEMOCRATS ARE GOING TO HELL.' That's what you're saying here in a nutshell... why not go after a person's soul, lead him to Christ and then let the Holy Spirit work on their political stance instead of bludgeoning everyone with your bloody club that you call your bible?

16. matt wade

I don't think you do get it it. If you did, you wouldn't make excuses for those that think it is OK to vote for a politician that supports murdering children. If you got it, you wouldn't have voted how you did on the other poll (you voted that a vote for obama did not equal support for abortion. If you got it, you'd realize that voting for a politician that supports murder, and even tells people they are going to increase the rate of that murder, is not OK and there is no excuse for it.

17. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

So by my "not getting it", does that mean the Holy Spirit is not speaking to me and therefore, according to Rev's points that would make me something other than a christian and I'm going to hell?

I'm NOT making excuses for them! I'm just acknowledging that their thought process is different than mine, just as your thought process and the conclusions that you're drawing are different than mine.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did not say that.

19. targus

targus New Member

You truly do have a reading comprehension problem, alatide.

It is not those who vote non-Republican - it is those who voted for Obama.

No - the poll merely tells us that people who voted for Obama don't believe that they support abortion.

Given your poor comprehension of the written word though I am sure you willl not understand the difference.

Republicans have done some things about abortion - the partial birth abortion ban for one.

And Obama has also done some things about abortion too - increasing funding for abortions for one.

Which has resulted in more abortions?

20. matt wade

In other words, you just said, "I'm NOT making excuses for them! [insert excuse here]."