1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

POTUS comes to the Salt City

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama traveled from Rochester to Syracuse by bus. For several hours portions of I-90 was closed for security as the convey traveled to Syracuse.

I doubt that a lot of foks were happy about that as his trip included rush hour tonight. In addition, his bus passed by the NY State Fair (which opened today). Can you iminage the backup of traffic?

So first - do you see it as a problem for the POTUS to be of such a hassle by closing major Interstates and other Highways.

Second, he spoke at a local high school. He brought up the subject of providing more govt aid for college students.
    IMHO - its not the responsibility of the govt, let alone the Fed to pay a persons way thur college.

He did mention the "Say Yes" program. This is a local program, and from what I understand - is pubicly funded (which is great - as opposed to govt funding) - The program will provide a full college schloarship.
    However, only city school kids qualify, teens in the county are not eligible. I would like to know why not.